2 Replies Latest reply on May 18, 2016 11:24 PM by wobertc

Can't save raw files that I edit in Photoshop and save as jpegs, appear in Lightroom

williamg72825593

I'm migrating from an iMac to a Windows 10.  When I edited raw files on the mac version of Photoshop and saved them as jpeg files they appeared in Lighroom.  On the new Windows 10 machine, raw files I edit in Photoshop and save as jpegs do not appear in Lighroom, although they are physically in the directory.  Why doesn't Lighroom automatically display them?  Doesn't make sense to me  Please help.

Thanks.

Bill Gracey

• 1. Re: Can't save raw files that I edit in Photoshop and save as jpegs, appear in Lightroom
          Mohit Goyal Adobe Employee (Admin)

Hi williamg,

Well, you must have enable the Auto import option in Lightroom, where you save any image from Photoshop and once you sync that folder in Lightroom you will see all the new saved image in Lightroom.

Auto Import Lr.png

Regards,

Mohit

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Can't save raw files that I edit in Photoshop and save as jpegs, appear in Lightroom
            wobertc Adobe Community Professional

If you always want JPGs from Photoshop-

Open the Preferences / External Editing, and set the "File Format" to JPG.

The procedure is then:

Select the image in LR

Right-click and choose "Edit In"  -Photoshop.

When finished in Photoshop, Use "Save" (or simply Close the photo, and PS will ask you to 'Save")

*Do NOT use "Save AS".

Any time you use "Save AS" and change the file format ( eg. opened as TIFF, Save as JPG or opened as RAW and Save-AS a format different to LR preference) Lightroom does not know about this 'new' file you are creating.

As you note- any file will save back in the folder, and to see these 'new' files in LR you will need to simply- Right-click the FOLDER and "Synchronize Folder..."  This will 'import' the 'new' image into the library.

Mohit's suggestion is another way to get the image into LR, by saving it in a folder that auto-imports, but you will need to set up that folder first as in his screen-clip, it is not available by default.

2 people found this helpful