2 Replies Latest reply on May 21, 2016 9:42 AM by SteveH59

Title text not fading in PE11?

SteveH59 Level 1

Hello

I am hoping to use a still Image at the beginning of a movie. The image, in Premier Elements 11 on Win 10, looks like this:

HawkIntro.jpg

Ideally, I would like the text I have created in PE11 to fade in by line after a few seconds and out by line a few seconds before the image, too, fades out. However, I can't see an animation on the right-hand side that allows that, so I have settled for the 'FadeOutByLine' animation.

When I click on the Play arrow for 'FadeOutByLine' (in purple in the screenshot posted above), I can see it working, but I am unable to drag it onto my image (I see a small 'No Entry' sign at the tip of my mouse).

What should I be doing, please?

Steve

• 1. Re: Title text not fading in PE11?
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Title Animations are applied to blocks of text in Title Adjustments. To apply it to your text, select the text in the Monitor, select the Animation and click Apply.

I'm not sure what you mean when you say you're trying to "drag it onto my image." You can't apply a Title Animation to an image.

To create the effect I think you're looking for, it might be best not to use Title Animations. You should create it by adding Fade Ins to each title by right-clicking on it on the timeline.

It's a rather complicated effect, however. So each line that you want to fade in will need to be a separate title -- each line above the other on your timeline, each with its own fade in. There's no automatic way to do this.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Title text not fading in PE11?
            SteveH59 Level 1

Hello Steve

Thank you for your reply.

I will give your suggestion a try out and let you know!

Steve