my question again please

Level 7
      Hello,

I would like show the list of my pictures in a local folder do you have a
      solution for that ?

thank you for your help

• 1. Re: my question again please
          Level 7
          are you talking about a desktop application?

Dave wrote:

> Hello,
          >
          > I would like show the list of my pictures in a local folder do you have a
          > solution for that ?
          >
          > thank you for your help
          • 2. Re: my question again please
            Level 7
            yes
            I would like read all my pictures in my destop folder
            it's possible ?
            thank you

"John Doe" <jdoe_ns@telefonica.net> a �crit dans le message de news:
            e59phr$sri$2@forums.macromedia.com...
            > are you talking about a desktop application?
            >
            > Dave wrote:
            >
            >> Hello,
            >>
            >> I would like show the list of my pictures in a local folder do you have a
            >> solution for that ?
            >>
            >> thank you for your help

• 3. Re: my question again please
              Juankpro Level 2
              It is possible only on this environments:
              If serving swf pages from a server, a server languaje might read the system folder and create a text file or xml file with the file list.

Or if the swf file is embedded inside an executable file created with some application development environment such as Visual Basic that will read the files for Flash and will pass the list trough.

If you don't have any of these environments or knowledges you can manually create a txt or xml file with the list of files and then read it in Flash. The problem with this technique is that if you update your files then you must update the text file too.

Another trick is to name all of your files numerically. Then try to load your files secuentially until a read error appears. this will mark then final file. But this approach is just a "brute force" approach.
              • 4. Re: my question again please
                Level 7
                i guess you mean "load all my pictures in my destop folder"

juankpro mention the possibilities. if you want it to be dynamic, you'll
                need to wrap your Flash movie in an application able to do that:
                Director or VB for sure and probably Zinc, SWF Studio, ...

Dave wrote:
                > yes
                > I would like read all my pictures in my destop folder
                > it's possible ?
                > thank you
                >
                > "John Doe" <jdoe_ns@telefonica.net> a �crit dans le message de news:
                > e59phr$sri$2@forums.macromedia.com...
                >
                >>are you talking about a desktop application?
                >>
                >>Dave wrote:
                >>
                >>
                >>>Hello,
                >>>
                >>>I would like show the list of my pictures in a local folder do you have a
                >>>solution for that ?
                >>>
                >>>thank you for your help
                • 5. Re: my question again please
                  NSurveyor Level 2
                  You can use a batch file to populate a text file with the file names, and then have Flash load the textfile and then the files. Here's a sample file for loading in .wav files and then playing them: http://swf.befallin.com/experiments/filesInFolderDOS.zip
                  • 6. Re: my question again please
                    Juankpro Level 2
                    Never though about that possibility. I knew all the theory about bat files but never though of it. Thanks NSurveyor you made everyone grow a little further.
                    • 7. Re: my question again please
                      Juankpro Level 2
                      Just an additional question, how do you compile the bat files into .exe
                      • 8. Re: my question again please
                        Juankpro Level 2
                        As I saw with the bat files it doen't works quite well because it take a little time for the bat file to compile and flash performs the read before the bat created the file so the first time the file changes it will not reflect right. But this problem is not present in the exe file. The bat approach can use an onEnterframe to let the data write before been readed.
                        • 9. Re: my question again please
                          NSurveyor Level 2
                          I used Northcode's proxy: http://www.northcode.com/misc/proxy.zip
                          I mainly used it to overcome the ugly black DOS screen.