Please refer the below discussion, also update the Lightroom to latest version if its not. refer: Lightroom CC 2015.5.1 now available
Let us know if that helps.
Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately that didn't help me. That thread is a different issue with a Windows PC and LR 3.5. In that case, the author got further along than I could.
I do have LR 2015 5.1.
Any other thoughts? I tried again. It appears the failure occurs during Step 3.
While the window flashed by very quickly, I think the Step 2 window said "preparing to merge catalog" and the the Step 3 window said "Merging Catalog." That's when it failed.
Update: Still no resolution. Adobe telephone support advised applying read and write permissions to admin and other users to the PSE 12 My Catalog folder and contents.
Because that did not work the only advice offered is to seek help from Elements support.
Please create a new catalog in Lightroom and then try importing the existing Elements catalog.
Also where is your elements catalog located?
Thanks. I did as you said and it did work. Same error message.
I created a new catalog, "Lightroom Catalog 1" at the default location in Macintosh HD/Users/MyUserName/Pictures.
That's the same folder location where the Elements catalog is;
Macintosh HD/Users/MyUserName/Pictures/My Catalog.
Thanks for sticking with this. I really want to get this sorted.
The problem has been solved. I made changes to my PSE 12 catalog, any one of which could have been helpful.
- removed items from the catalog that didn't generate thumbnails for unknown reasons. These are the ones with a "broken" thumbnail. There were a few of these.
- Removed items from the catalog that were orphans - no associate file was found on the HD. there were about 10 of these.
- Removed about 10 sound files from the catalog. Not sure how they got there in the first place.
- Updated the visual index. (less likely this helped)
- Ran optimize catalog
- Ran repair catalog (for a second time) even though the dialog indicated it wasn't needed.