3 Replies Latest reply on May 19, 2016 8:37 PM by JimHess

Lightroom is non responsive

stephanieb75707323

Since I purchased lightroom, it's became unresponsive. It worked fine when I was paying monthly. If I can get it to open, I'll edit a few photos then click on the next photo and I'll be left with the "loading" message and nothing ever happens, it freezes. If I close the application and then try to re-open it, it doesn't even open. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the program. The only way I can get it to open again is restarting the computer.

• 1. Re: Lightroom is non responsive
          JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

What version of Lightroom?

What operating system?

How much RAM?

How much free disk space?

If you'll give us some details then maybe we can provide some assistance.

• 2. Re: Lightroom is non responsive
            stephanieb75707323 Level 1

Lightroom 6 running on windows 10. I've used 409GB out of 447 on hard drive availability. I was thinking it may be a RAM issue. 

Sent from Samsung Mobile

• 3. Re: Lightroom is non responsive
              JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You have not indicated how much RAM is installed. But I can tell you that you are out of disk space. A hard drive needs at least 20% of its total disk space free and available for disk caching. You really need to clear some space on your hard drive. You might want to consider adding an external hard drive. Also, since you are running Lightroom 6, you might try going to your Lightroom preferences, performance tab, and uncheck the graphics processor option. With your hard drive so nearly filled to capacity, it is unreasonable for you to expect very good performance at all.