1 Reply Latest reply on May 20, 2016 6:19 AM by displaced7

Editing Text

displaced7 Level 1

This has been driving me crazy.  I have Acrobat CC (whatever the latest is) on one machine and cannot, for the life of me, figure out how to edit the text in teh comments/text callout tool.  In the old version, the text edit tool would show up when you double clicked, now nothing.

All I can find is this:

Edit text in a PDF file

1. At the top right in Acrobat, click the Tools pane. Open the Content Editing panel.

2. Click the Edit Text & Images tool

3. Click the text to edit and start typing. You can add, delete, or edit text. •To change the location of the text box location, drag it to the new location. •To resize a text box, click the corner and drag it to the desired width. •Text tools display automatically under the Format heading when you select a text box. You can change the font, point size, text color, alignment, and other items.

Mine has none of this.  I have no "Edit Text & Image tool"

I am starting to think I just have a bad install...

Any ideas?

Thanks

• 1. Re: Editing Text
          Karl Heinz Kremer Adobe Community Professional

There is no version "Acrobat CC", is it possible that it's "DC"? To verify, you need to bring up Acrobat, and then determine the version you have based on the splash screen, or the "About" box.

In general, the "Edit Text & Images" function does not work for annotations. That particular function is from Acrobat XI, in Acrobat DC, it would be "Tools>Edit PDF>Edit", but again, this will not help with annotations.

For a comment/callout, you first need so select the "Comment" function in the right hand pane (or via Tools>Comment). Then you should be able to either click on the callout text directly and modify it, or click on a comment icon if the comment text is not already shown, and then click on the text you want to edit. You can also edit the text of annotations in the list of comments in the right hand pane.