1 Reply Latest reply on May 20, 2016 5:04 AM by boldusain

Multiple Cross Reference Formats

boldusain Level 1

Hi there

I have a document with figures and with footnotes. I use paragraph styles to number my figures. I do the same with another paragraph style to number my footnotes.

Then sometimes I add cross references in the text to link to the image. (So if I add an image somewhere in the document, all the following numbers of the figures will be updated and I can update the cross references in the text with the «update cross references» command.

(Basic stuff about numbering and cross references can be found here: InDesign tutorial: Automatically updating figure references for books | lynda.com - YouTube)

Now I can use the option «Cross Reference Format» in the «Edit Cross Reference» Pop Up.

If I click on the small pen I can choose a character style for the cross reference. So far all ok.

(See images)

But now I want to have a different cross reference format whenever I reference to a footnote (then I want something with a superscript). If I reference to an image I want the text to be italic, but not superscript.

If I change the cross reference format for one reference it will change the format for all references.

Is there any way how I could use different cross-reference formats?

Thansk for help.

Cheers

Screen Shot 2016-05-20 at 13.55.01.png

Screen Shot 2016-05-20 at 13.55.13.png