0 Replies Latest reply on Jun 1, 2006 4:49 AM by NickCherryJiggz

PreLoader For HTML Page Having Multiple SWF's

NickCherryJiggz
      I'm currently working on a website that has a total of 4 SWF's embedded in shared borders. Once the first page loads, the rest is smooth sailing, however the initial load usually takes 15-25 seconds on the partciular computers that will be accessing the site. I'm not too concerned with the wait, but I would like to have something on the screen more engaging than a white background and hourglass mouse. I have created preloaders before, but only for sites that were completely flash (one large SWF embedded into an HTML page). This site will have 4 individual SWF's, and I'm not sure how to go about making a preloader that treats the combination of SWF's as one unit yet still keeps them separate. The best idea I've come up with so far is to simply create an entrance page that has a 20-25 second animation that remains unclickable until the clip is finished. In the mean time, I will still apply the shared borders, but I will hide the plug-in (the SWF). Hopefully this will cause the SWF's to load and be cached without being seen by the user. Once 20 seconds is up, the "preload" animation will become a link to the main page, and hopefully the SWF's will pop right up. I haven't actually tried this method yet, perhaps it won't even work. Either way, I just wanted to make sure there wasn't a much more efficient and accurate way of accomplishing this. Thanks in advance for any responses.