6 Replies Latest reply on Sep 4, 2017 10:41 PM by F. McLion

LR CC - Missing Camera & Lens profile

Anthony TS Yong

Ladies and Gentlemen, Can any LR CC expert review and help on solving this missing Camera Lens Profile link?

I'm using PS & LR CC, on Thinkpad X220T, Win 10. 

I'm using the following cameras: Nikon D7000, Pentax K50, Lumix G5, Olympus EP2. 

I understand that Lumix G5 and Olympus are MFT cameras & LR does not do lens correction for MTF.

LR CC does not provide Pentax camera lens profiles, Strangely PS CC is able to detect the Pentax K50 with Pentax lenses.

It shows the following screen with non-camera related brands - Apple, DJI, GoPro, Huawei, LGE, Parrot, Yuneec.

Is there a way that we get rid of all these unknown brands, and substitute with real camera brand lens.

Tried Customs Setup, it does not seem to find any profile online or YouTube. 

Also links on how to creating your own Camera Lens Profiles, seems to be not for layman.

Maybe the PS & LR modules are not communicating, even though they are residing in the same folder.

Appreciate your kind and expert advise.

Regards,

Anthony Yong

• 1. Re: LR CC - Missing Camera & Lens profile
          F. McLion Adobe Community Professional & MVP

The list is OK - these are brands of lenses supported: Supported lenses

FT cameras do correction automatically with built in profiles: Work with lens profiles in Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom, and Camera Raw

Please note as well: There are separate lens profiles for raw and non-raw files. Photoshop, Camera Raw, and Lightroom display only the profiles available for the file type of the selected image.

Most profiles are available for Raw only.

• 2. Re: LR CC - Missing Camera & Lens profile
            Anthony TS Yong Level 1

Thanks F. McLion for your tips.

Warmest regards,

Anthony Yong

• 3. Re: LR CC - Missing Camera & Lens profile
              Pat58

Hello there.

Can somebody explain to me why lens profiles (and camera profiles) appear complete in Photoshop  2015.5.0 (with Camera Raw 9.12) and partial in Lightroom 6.12 but magically appear complete again in Lightroom if I convert the NEF file to DNG?

Some of the Adobe programmers did that on purpose or it's just a casual oversight...?

Lightroom cannot automatically select the correct camera and lens if you are using RAW, but only if you use DNG.

I spent two days banging my head on the wall before I found the solution

Regards

• 4. Re: LR CC - Missing Camera & Lens profile

You need to elaborate in more detail what exactly does not appear and where.

ACR and the LR-integrated ACR-engine share the same code and are identical. There also is no difference in profile support for RAW and DNG.

• 5. Re: LR CC - Missing Camera & Lens profile
                  Pat58 Level 1

Hi.

I am talking about Chromatic Aberration and Distortion correction.

On a Windows 10 64bit machine I tried to load some NEF pictures which I recently took with a Nikon D5600 and the three new AF-P lenses (10-20 VR, 18-55 VR, and 70-300 VR).

I opened them as NEF in Photoshop CC (last version) and the 2 available lenses were recognized automatically.

If I chose NIKON lenses manually, the entire list (of what is available in the latest version of Camera Raw) appeared.

When doing the same with the latest version of Lightroom (at least this is what Lightroom reports), the lenses were not recognized automatically and if I chose a manual NIKON lens, I got only 5-6 entries (!?!) - AF-P lenses not included.

I tried to copy the lists of camera and lenses to ten different directories - no help.

But when I converted the NEF to DNG and opened the DNG, Lighroom recognized the camera/lens automatically and the full list of lenses for manual mode was there.

The two programs reacted in a different way to processing the same file.

Today I tried again to do the same and...magic!!! All works as it should. The lens list is complete in both Lightroon and Photoshop if I open the same NEF file.

The difference between the last two days and today is the fact that I cleaned completely all caches and temporary files on the machine.

Hope this helps others.

P.S. please be so kind to add the AF-P 10-20 VR whenever possible

• 6. Re: LR CC - Missing Camera & Lens profile

Happy it works now ... how ever ..

P.S. please be so kind to add the AF-P 10-20 VR whenever possible

It will be added in the next release ... before you ask when - don't, because only Adobe knows and they don't tell.