8 Replies Latest reply on May 21, 2016 10:41 AM by AnnieVE

how do I identify virtual copies (in my folders) that have already been deleted from a collection

AnnieVE Level 1

Hello!

I keep looking for an answer to this all over the web and in 3 books, but can find no answer....

How do I identify virtual copies (in my folders) that have already been deleted from a collection?

Here is the workflow, and where I am getting stuck.

1.  I selected a photo and put it into a collection.

2.  I made a whole bunch of virtual copies of the photos in the collection as I tried out different edits.

3.  After and during a bunch of edits, I deleted many of the virtual copies from my collection because I decided against the edits after doing some comparisons.

4.  When I went in to folders to select my next photo to work on and thus to add to the collection, I discovered that every one of my virtual copies was in the originating folder, even tho I had deleted them from my collection.

5.  I really don't want those deleted virtual copies to be in my originating folder.  They were trial-and-error virtual copies and I really wanted them to just be discarded.

6.  How do identify these deleted-from-the-collection virtual copies in my folder?  The file names all look the same, and besides, I want to be absolutely certain that I have selected the right ones.  Some of the edits were very minor and would be hard to see without painstakingly going through them one-by-one.

Thank you so much!!

Anne