2 Replies Latest reply on May 29, 2006 1:53 PM by Elite_Webmaster

Multiple Slices in Fireworks 8

Elite_Webmaster
      Hello All,

I have a document set up with 9 frames to accomodate simple and disjoint rollovers. When I export the document from Fireworks 8, every slice is exported as nine frames (i.e slice_f1, slice_f2, slice_f3, etc.), even the ones without behaviors attached to them.

Any idea why this may be happening?

I just started having this problem with Fireworks 8, I've exported the same document in Fireworks MX 2004 with no issues.

Thanks for any help you can offer.
        • 1. Re: Multiple Slices in Fireworks 8
          Level 7
          Perhaps this will help:

http://www.senocular.com/fireworks/tutorials/exportimagesfix/

alex

Elite Webmaster wrote:
          > Hello All,
          >
          > I have a document set up with 9 frames to accomodate simple and disjoint
          > rollovers. When I export the document from Fireworks 8, <b>every</b> slice is
          > exported as nine frames (i.e slice_f1, slice_f2, slice_f3, etc.), even the ones
          > without behaviors attached to them.
          >
          > Any idea why this may be happening?
          >
          > I just started having this problem with Fireworks 8, I've exported the same
          > document in Fireworks MX 2004 with no issues.
          >
          > Thanks for any help you can offer.
          >
          • 2. Re: Multiple Slices in Fireworks 8
            Elite_Webmaster Level 1
            Hello Alex,

This is very good, thank you. FW 8 will now export the first two frames which hold my simple rollovers, but it will not export the disjoint rollovers on frames 3-9.

Is there something I'm doing wrong?

P.S. Any idea why they changed the way Fireworks exports frames? A site that I exported in MX 2004 used to have about 45 images. Now with FW 8, this same site has over 250 images (counting duplicates) This new method seems totally ridiculous!

Thanks!