2 Replies Latest reply on May 29, 2006 3:36 PM by I'mAndy

Problem deploying to remote host

I'mAndy
      I'm having trouble deploying a flex beta 3 project - which works fine locally - to a remote host

I am putting myProject.html and myProject.swf in the root directory
      I am using a stylesheet in /assets/myStyleSheet.css and a cfc in
      /components/myCFC.cfm with a trusted dsn connection

Included in the code is
      <mx:RemoteObject
      id="svc" destination="ColdFusion" source="components.myCFC"
      etc.

</RemoteObject>

When I access the URL, all I get is a blank page (no error). I also added the history files to
      the root directory with no change

Not sure it has anything to do with the CF aspect as a simple example from the Adobe lessons
      produces the same effect - or lack of it

Guess I'm missing something pretty basic
      Any guidance appreciated
        • 1. Re: Problem deploying to remote host
          ntsiii Level 3
          Likely a security problem.

The Flash Player (Flex app) cannot acces an url that is in a different domain than the domain that served the application swf.

The soultion is a crossdomain.xml file in the web root of the site you are trying to get data from. In a default IIS installation, the crossdomain.xml file goes in the wwwroot folder. If you have trouble figuing out where to put it, put a copy everywhere, then delete them till it breaks. A sample crossdomain file is below. Note, it provides for complete access by everyone.

The other solution is to use a "proxy". This is just some server process that forwards data service calls from the client player to the data source url. That server process is not subject to the Flash Player security restrictions.

Tracy

crossdomain.xml
          <?xml version="1.0"?>
          <!DOCTYPE cross-domain-policy SYSTEM " http://www.macromedia.com/xml/dtds/cross-domain-policy.dtd">
          <!-- Policy file for http:// -->
          <cross-domain-policy>
          <allow-access-from domain="*">
          </cross-domain-policy>
          • 2. Re: Problem deploying to remote host
            I'mAndy Level 1
            Thanks for that. I think there is some progress
            However whenever I run an html file (even just a Hello World label) I get a blank page

swfs are appearing but for those requiring remoteobject I am getting this error

[RPC Fault faultString="Send failed" faultCode="Client.Error.MessageSend" faultDetail="Channel.Connect.Failed error NetConnection.Call.Failed: HTTP: Failed"]
            at mx.rpc::AbstractInvoker/ http://www.adobe.com/2006/flex/mx/internal::faultHandler()
            at mx.rpc::Responder/fault()
            at mx.rpc::AsyncRequest/fault()
            at mx.messaging::ChannelSet/::faultPendingSends()
            at mx.messaging::ChannelSet/channelFaultHandler()
            at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEvent()
            at mx.messaging::Channel/mx.messaging:Channel::connectFailed()
            at mx.messaging.channels: ollingChannel/mx.messaging.channels ollingChannel::connectFailed()
            at mx.messaging.channels::AMFChannel/mx.messaging.channels:AMFChannel::statusHandler()

Is this still a crossdomain.xml problem or something else?
            cheers