3 Replies Latest reply on May 23, 2016 9:44 AM by christianl38155098

cant find it in AE?

christianl38155098 Level 1

Just downloaded the trial version of After effect and experimenting a bit. One thing that puzzles me:  where on earth do I find the, in/out points. Wrecking my brain and eyes out here, just cant find them?

Anybody?

• 1. Re: cant find it in AE?
          UQg Level 4

Your question is very unclear.

In the project panel, you can find the in and out points of a footage in some of the columns of the listbox (see screenshot). If those columns don't appear, right click the listbox title row and  recheck the in/out points columns.

In the timeline panel, to modify the in/out points of a layer, hover the cursor towards the start or end of the layer until it becomes a left-right arrow, then click and drag.

If it's something else, try give more details...

Xavier

ps: forgot the screenshot:

In-out-points.png

And yes, i forgot, there is also an inpoint and an outpoint column in the timeline panel, which you can show/hide by the same method as for panel panel (right click the title row).

• 2. Re: cant find it in AE?
            Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

If you're new to AE, just opening it up and poking around is going to cause more frustration than it's worth. I highly recommend going through this first. That's the best (free) way I know to get up to speed quickly with AE.

• 3. Re: cant find it in AE?
              christianl38155098 Level 1

Yep! youre absolutely right, I was wrecking my brains out and yet I'm very used with Premiere-Pro. I took your advice and its already a great help!

all the best.