Back in the olden days we used to download a plugin to our downloads folder, open plugin manager in LR and install the plugin. In about 1 minute we were back in business.
Fast forward to today's computer advancements and the process is this:
- Download and install the free Creative Cloud application from this location https://creative.adobe.com/products/creative-cloud
- Make sure Files Syncing is turned on in the Creative Cloud app preferences
- On this plug-in page click on "Free" / "Install" to aquire the plugin. The "Free" button will change to "Install" once you are signed in
- In a few seconds Creative Cloud should issue a notification such as "The Add-on was installed"
- This does not mean that the plug-in is installed with Lightroom but rather that the plugin has been downloaded from your Adobe account to your local drive as a ZIP file
- Browse your Downloads folder and look for this file "livebookslrplugin.zip"
- Extract the plugin archive to a known location on your local disk
- Start Adobe Photoshop Lightroom and open the Plugin Manager (File -> Plug-in Manager)
- Under the list of plugins click on "Add"
- Inside the popup window browse to the location of the extracted plugin and select the "liveBooks.lrplugin" package then click Add Plug-in
- While still in the Lightroom Plug-in Manager click on "Done"
- The plugin is now installed and you can proceed to configuration
Now, if you have had a computer issue and somehow that plugin vanished then you find yourself with a new issue. Adobe CC says it's already on your computer. A search says it's not. LR says it's not. Now there doesn't appear to be a way to just download the damn plugin and install it the old fashioned way. After spending hours trying to correct this I give up.
Can anyone tell me where I can get this file? Editsuite Publish Service
I don't mean the page that Adobe says you can download it with all of the above steps I mean just that little, tiny plugin. I know how to put it in the correct folder and install it into LR, all I need is that plugin.
You workflow is very much correct for adding free plugins from the Creative Cloud Addon's site.
If you enable to fine the downloaded file for "livebookslrplugin", then please use the below download link for the same.
Hope it helps