2 Replies Latest reply on May 23, 2016 7:22 AM by Karl Heinz Kremer

Can anyone help me please?

whitulip

I am new at editing in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC. I have spent days unsuccessfully trying to figure out what is probably an easy answer.

I am trying to add text, on a white background, with a black border to my children's picture book. I learned how to add text, and how to put a border around it. How do I make the text box white?

The illustrator did the first page for me so we could see what it looks like, but I need to do the rest.

Here is a snapshot of what I want to do:

Screenshot_1.png

Any help would be gratefully appreciated!

Thank you.

• 1. Re: Can anyone help me please?
          Bernd Alheit Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Add a form text field. You will find it under Tools > Prepare Form

• 2. Re: Can anyone help me please?
            Karl Heinz Kremer Adobe Community Professional

Adobe Acrobat is not the best tool to create content. Ideally, you would use a tool like InDesign to (or even MS Word) to assemble the pages in your book.

However, if all you have is Adobe Acrobat, and you have to work on PDF files, then you can do this in a couple of different ways. As Bernd already mentioned, this can be done with a form filed. After selecting the "Prepare Form" tool set, you will have to add a text fiield. The text field properties need to be changed so that you have a black border and a white background. You do this on the "Appearance" tab - you can also change the font type and size on that tab. Then go to the "Options" tab and select "Multi-line".

Another option is to add a text box annotation via the "Comment" function. You can modify the border color and the text color via the properties toolbar (Ctrl-E or Cmd-E). The trick here is that you either change the text properties, or the box property, depending on what is selected.