1 Reply Latest reply on May 23, 2016 6:29 AM by Karl Heinz Kremer

Problem Extracting from PDF to Excel

aidanb35782541

Good morning,

I'm having problems extracting from a PDF into Excel using the Adobe Export PDF app. Each time I try, it comes back with an error message "Forbidden. The operation could not be completed. Please try again later." The app was purchased 5 days ago, and I am logged in when attempting the conversions.

I've checked the security settings on the PDF, and they are like this

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

• 1. Re: Problem Extracting from PDF to Excel
          Karl Heinz Kremer Adobe Community Professional

The PDF file is claiming "No Security" on one hand and "Page Extraction/Document Assembly" as "Not Allowed". This means that there is something else that limits what you can do with this document, so it's either a LiveCycle Designer Form (which you can find out on the "Description" tab of the document properties dialog, or it's saved with extended Reader rights (which would be documented at the bottom of the "Security" tab. There may be other reasons for these restrictions, but these two would the the most common.

In either case, the data cannot be extracted (or converted to Excel). I assume that if you try the same conversion with a file that does not have these restrictions, the conversion will work.