5 Replies Latest reply on May 26, 2016 12:32 AM by bill@research

InDesign CC 2015.3

bill@research Level 1

Hi All

Apologies if I have got the wrong place to post this question/problem, if I have can you point me in the right direction, this is my first time doing this.

Basically I have a Windows 10 Pro 64bit Install on an Alienware PC, i7 processor, 16Gb RAM, NVidia Geforce GTX 660 Graphics Card and I have just installed the latest Adobe InDesign Software, Adobe InDesign CC 2015.3. I have a user who is having problems with InDesign crashing intermittently but frequently. Most of the time the User is packaging. I have also repeated errors in the event log which keep cropping up when the software crashes, all errors report with the same details. Below is a copy of the Application error from the event viewer:

Faulting application name: InDesign.exe, version: 11.3.0.34, time stamp: 0x56d9d456

Faulting module name: GRAPHICS.RPLN, version: 11.3.0.34, time stamp: 0x56d9d757

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x00000000000551d2

Faulting process ID: 0x1704

Faulting application start time: 0x01d1b4f6165fb6e1

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe InDesign CC 2015\InDesign.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe InDesign CC 2015\Required\GRAPHICS.RPLN

Report ID: 71949c28-025a-4a97-8152-8af4e9c8a83d

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

I have searched around but I am unable to find any help, spoke to Adobe and they said just to delete some folders and it will be fine, so thought I would post on here to see if anyone else experienced the same problem or can give any advice on how I may correct this.

Any help will be greatly appreciated

• 1. Re: InDesign CC 2015.3
          Derek Cross Level 6

Tray trashing your InDesign preferences:

Close and relaunch InDesign, and IMMEDIATELY hold down Ctrl + Alt + Shift (Windows) or Cmd + Ctrl + Opt + Shift (Mac), and respond in the affirmative to the dialog asking if you really want to replace the preferences. You must be extremely fast on the keyboard (if you don’t see the confirmation prompt, you were too slow!)

• 2. Re: InDesign CC 2015.3
            MarieMeyer Level 1

What Derek said.

Also, as a CC subscriber you have access to a pretty good support team via chat on the Adobe support page. I was having all kinds of weird problems on my Mac, and they took over my computer and nosed around inside it.

• 3. Re: InDesign CC 2015.3
              bill@research Level 1

Ok thanks. I will give the suggestions a try. I did notice on another user's PC (same spec, same version of software) she had the same error but instead of GRAPHICS.RPLN in the error this user had PUBLIC.DLL...... do you think these errors could actually be linked to hardware and not software?

• 4. Re: InDesign CC 2015.3
                bill@research Level 1

Also, just to add a bit more info, I know that both users experience crashing when they are packaging..... this then throws up the above error in the event viewer.

• 5. Re: InDesign CC 2015.3
                  bill@research Level 1

Thanks for your help, I ended up speaking to technical support as suggested, they went over a few things and basically told me that it is something to do with policies setup on our network. This was because working on files locally worked fine. Off to investigate that, thanks for all your help.