19 Replies Latest reply on Oct 9, 2017 12:45 PM by Sue Garibaldi

Adobe Sketch and Draw files won't transfer to iMac

noriej11085512

I used to be able to send files from Adobe Sketch and Draw apps to Photoshop CC and Illustrator CC. After a week it stopped working and I now receive an error message on my iMac saying "Unable to open file. Please try sending it from your device again." When sending files from the iPad Pro they were marked as sent but then a minute later I recieve the error message on my computer.

I've tried signing out of all apps as well as CC and signing back in, updating all software, quitting apps and applications, and restarting both my computer and my iPad. I AM able to save to my CC folder and access from both my iPad and computer, but cannot send workable files from the apps on my iPad to the software on my computer. I have also confirmed that I am signed in to the apps and CC with the same user name and password. In addition, my computer and ipad have the same time.

Any suggestions are much appreciated! I'm down to the wire with urgent deadlines and have been trying to solve this for two weeks and cannot find a solution.

• 1. Re: Adobe Sketch and Draw files won't transfer to iMac
          Sue Garibaldi Adobe Employee (Admin)

Hi Norie,

Sorry you're having trouble. I know you said your apps were up-to-date, but can you check which versions you're using:

Are you using Illustrator CC (v19.2.1)? To check choose About Illustrator in the application menu.

And are you using the most recent version the Creative Cloud Desktop App (3.6.0.248)? To check click on the CC icon, then the Gear icon, then Preferences.

Let me know if you're all updated and we'll go from there.

Sue

• 2. Re: Adobe Sketch and Draw files won't transfer to iMac
            noriej11085512 Level 1

Hi Sue,

Yes, both Illustrator CC and CC Desktop App are up to date.

Norie

• 3. Re: Adobe Sketch and Draw files won't transfer to iMac

Norie,

Since you're up-to-date on Illustrator CC and the CC Desktop App, can you see if this feature shows up for you in Illustrator CC?

Open Illustrator CC and on the splash screen you'll see a Mobile Creations tab. Just tap that and your mobile work should be there. (The attached image is what the desktop will look like.)

Sue.

Draw_AiMobileCreations.png

• 5. Re: Adobe Sketch and Draw files won't transfer to iMac
                noriej11085512 Level 1

OK, so how do I do that with Adobe Sketch and Photoshop CC? My splash screen seems to have disappeared with Photoshop CC....

• 6. Re: Adobe Sketch and Draw files won't transfer to iMac

Norie,

Great. I'm glad that's working. Unfortunately, Photoshop CC doesn't yet have that feature. I suspect it will be coming very soon.

You can open your Sketch files in Illustrator CC, but it would be better if we could get the Send to Desktop function working. I know you've tried all of this before, but can you try these steps (in this order):

1. Make sure you're using Photoshop v2015.1.2 then close Photoshop CC

2. Log out of the Creative Cloud Desktop App (tap the CC icon, then the Gear icon, then Preferences, then Sign Out).

3. Restart your laptop then log back in to Creative Cloud.

4. Before you try to send from the app, log out of Sketch, (tap the Sketch icon, then the field with your name, then Sign Out).

5. Restart your device then log back in to the app.

6. Once everything's running, and you're all logged in create a NEW, simple drawing in Sketch then try sending to the desktop again.

Let me know how that goes.

Sue.

• 7. Re: Adobe Sketch and Draw files won't transfer to iMac
                    noriej11085512 Level 1

So, my version of Photoshop CC is old (even though I just purchased a few weeks ago). How do I upgrade? There's no upgrade option in the dropdown menu....

• 8. Re: Adobe Sketch and Draw files won't transfer to iMac

Norie,

Try quitting then relaunching the CC Desktop App... see if that pushes the update.

Sue.

• 9. Re: Adobe Sketch and Draw files won't transfer to iMac
                        noriej11085512 Level 1

I tried everything you suggested, and still no luck...

• 10. Re: Adobe Sketch and Draw files won't transfer to iMac

Norie,

I'm going to have to talk to our engineers about this because it doesn't make sense that it's not working, so a few more questions:

Were you finally able to update Photoshop CC?

Have you tried from different wifi spots (for example from home as opposed to work)?

When you send a simple drawing from Sketch to Photoshop what happens? Are you getting a Sent! notification from the app?

What happens on the desktop after you send? Are you getting the "Unable to open file. Please try sending it from your device again." or something else?

Let me know. In the meantime are you able to open your work in Illustrator CC, save it to your desktop, then open it in Photoshop CC?

Also, Norie, I have one more thing I'd like you to try, so when you answer these questions, can you email them to me at susang at adobe dot com?

Sue.

• 11. Re: Adobe Sketch and Draw files won't transfer to iMac
                            noriej11085512 Level 1

Hi Sue,

Yes, was able to update Photoshop CC.

Yes, have tried different wifi spots.

I'm getting a Sent notification from the app.

The desktop opens an unable to open file error, and please try sending from device again.

I can open Sketch files in Illustrator, save to desktop, and open in Photoshop, however it's not layered.

• 12. Re: Adobe Sketch and Draw files won't transfer to iMac

Norie,

Can you email me at susang at adobe dot com?

Sue.

• 13. Re: Adobe Sketch and Draw files won't transfer to iMac
                                ll77109092

Hello!

Unfortunately experiencing the same problem. Tried to login-logout million times out of Creative cloud, Adobe Draw, Adobe Illustrator...

Nothing helps. Unfortunately I have an even newer version of illustrator, 21.1.0 (64-bit), that even doesn't have the "mobile creations" button on start. I'm attaching a print screen of what I see on startup. Please, help! Hours and hours of work on Adobe Draw are completely lost, if I cannot import them to Illustrator:(

AI start screen.jpg

• 14. Re: Adobe Sketch and Draw files won't transfer to iMac

Hi ll77109092

I'm sorry it's not working correctly.  I have a few questions and a couple of things I'd like you to check with regard to sending your work to Illustrator CC:

* Is this something that's just begun happening? Was it working previously?

* Are you having the trouble with one drawing or multiple drawings? If you've only tried one, can you draw something really simple and try sending that?

* When you sign in with your Adobe ID to https://assets.adobe.com/assets/mobile?filter=draw does all the work that's on your device show up there?

* When you send from the app are you getting a Sent! notification in the app?

* Since it has a lot to do with whether mobile files make it to the desktop, make sure you're using version v4.2.0.211 of the Creative Cloud Desktop App (check that by clicking on the CC icon in the menu bar, then the Gear icon, then Preferences).

* Finally, since it's super common for people to be signed in to the app with one login and the Creative Cloud Desktop App with another, make sure you're signed in to both Draw and desktop with the same login (Adobe ID and password).

I know you've already done this, but the best way to check that is to sign out of both Draw and the CC Desktop App then sign back in. (It's always a good idea before signing out of Draw to know that your work is synced to Creative Cloud.)

Please let me know what you find and we'll go from there.

Sue.

• 15. Re: Adobe Sketch and Draw files won't transfer to iMac
                                    ll77109092 Level 1

Hello, Sue.

First of all, thank you for your email. I have been searching for a solution on Adobe forums and other websites for about 3 weeks now, and I really hope now we can solve it.

1. I work on PC, windows 10, not Mac.

2. I have recently upgraded my Photoshop and Illustrator to the latest version. I think I successfully transferred a few files from Adobe draw from my Ipad Pro2 after the upgrade, but very soon the problem occurred.

When this problem occurred once or twice in the past, I solved it by simply restarting the Ipad. Now, neither restarting, not logging out and in doesn't help with neither the Ipad, nor the PC.

3. None of the drawing are transferred. I tried with or without photo layer, multi layered or simple illustration, nothing works.

4.Yes, all the drawings appear in this link https://assets.adobe.com/assets/mobile?filter=draw

But, all of them are thumbnails, and cannot be downloaded as vector files, I have tried to pull them from the assets folder, unsuccessfully.

5. I couldn't locate these buttons, probably because I am using Windows and not Mac. I have tried to find what's the version that I'm using, and in Preferences - Creative Cloud - Files - Sync Version is says: Creative Cloud Sync 2.4.3.114

Is this the version? Does it mean I have the "wrong" version? How can I update for the right one.

6. I only have one Adobe account, I'm using only this account anywhere, no problem with that.

7. I have signed in and out Creative could about 15 times today, unfortunately, didn't help.

Let me know, how to proceed from here, please.

Thank you very very much for your help!

Lena

• 16. Re: Adobe Sketch and Draw files won't transfer to iMac
                                      ll77109092 Level 1

Hello, Sue.

First of all, thank you for your email. I have been searching for a

solution on Adobe forums and other websites for about 3 weeks now, and I

really hope now we can solve it.

1. I work on PC, windows 10, not Mac.

2. I have recently upgraded my Photoshop and Illustrator to the latest

version. I think I successfully transferred a few files from Adobe draw

from my Ipad Pro2 after the upgrade, but very soon the problem occurred.

When this problem occurred once or twice in the past, I solved it by simply

restarting the Ipad. Now, neither restarting, not logging out and in

doesn't help with neither the Ipad, nor the PC.

3. None of the drawing are transferred. I tried with or without photo

layer, multi layered or simple illustration, nothing works.

4.Yes, all the drawings appear in this link  https://assets.adobe.com/

assets/mobile?filter=draw

<https://forums.adobe.com/external-link.jspa?url=https%3A%2F%2Fassets.adobe.com%2Fassets%2F mobile%3Ffilter%3Ddraw>

But, all of them are thumbnails, and cannot be downloaded as vector files,

I have tried to pull them from the assets folder, unsuccessfully.

5. I couldn't locate these buttons, probably because I am using Windows and

not Mac. I have tried to find what's the version that I'm using, and in

Preferences - Creative Cloud - Files - Sync Version is says: Creative Cloud

Sync 2.4.3.114

Is this the version? Does it mean I have the "wrong" version? How can I

update for the right one.

6. I only have one Adobe account, I'm using only this account anywhere, no

problem with that.

7. I have signed in and out Creative could about 15 times today,

unfortunately, didn't help.

Let me know, how to proceed from here, please.

Thank you very very much for your help!

Lena

On Mon, Oct 9, 2017 at 7:13 PM, Sue Garibaldi <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

• 17. Re: Adobe Sketch and Draw files won't transfer to iMac

HI Lena.

OK, I think I may understand why you're having trouble... The version of the Creative Cloud Desktop App that you're using is about two years old. The most current version (I have auto updates so didn't realize it had been updated again) is v4.3.0.256.

Sorry for the bad information about where to find the CC Desktop App version information. I forgot it's changed. Nevertheless it sounds like you found what I needed to know. Now I think all you need to do is update to the latest version.

As long as you're not on an Enterprise account (for which I think an admin would have to give you access to update this) you should be able to update to the latest version. The strange thing is, I'm not sure why you haven't been prompted to do this for such a long time.

I'm not a super expert with the CC Desktop App, but let me try to walk you through updating it:

Tap the CC icon, then from the window that opens tap the three stacked dots next to the avatar.

From there, click on Check for App Updates and see if you get a prompt to update the Desktop App.

If you don't, tap on the three stacked dots again and choose Preferences.

On the next screen, make sure you have the box Always keep Creative Cloud desktop up to date.

Then sign out of the CC Desktop App (click on the avatar, then Sign Out) restart your computer, then sign back in.

The app should update when you sign back in.

Let me know what happens. I know it's a huge hassle, but you may need to reinstall that.

Sue.

• 18. Re: Adobe Sketch and Draw files won't transfer to iMac
                                          ll77109092 Level 1

Hi Sue.

Unfortunately, I made a mistake and gave you the version number for Cloud Sync instead of the Creative Cloud.

My Creative Cloud desktop app is set to update automatically and currently, the version is 4.3.0.256.

Screen Shot 2017-10-09 at 21.26.39.png

Still every attempt to send from illustrator or Photoshop fails.

Please Advise.

Lena.

• 19. Re: Adobe Sketch and Draw files won't transfer to iMac

Lena.

A couple more quick questions:

* You're using the most recent version (4.4) of Draw, right? To check, in the app tap Settings then About Draw.

* Also, are you getting the Sent! notification in the app when you choose Send to Illustrator CC?

If you're using the latest version of Draw and you're getting the Sent! notification in the app, please take these steps. I know you've already tried them, but please try them again in this order:

* On your desktop, Close Illustrator CC, log out of the Creative Cloud Desktop App (tap the CC icon, then the avatar icon, then Sign Out), restart your laptop, then log back in to Creative Cloud/

* Before you try to send from Draw, log out of Draw, (tap Settings, then the field with your name, then Sign Out), restart your device, then log back in to the app.

* Once everything's running, create a simple drawing with just a few strokes and try sending that.

Let me know how that goes.

Sue.