Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ANE method's call crash in Air 22

Explorer ,
May 23, 2016 May 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

I have a major problem with Air 22 => one of my ANE's (IN2AR.ane) crashes when I call one of its methods in Air 22 for Android. I works just fine in Air 21 or below, and in Air 22 for iOS / Windows. What's strange is that it doesn't work on a Samsung Galaxy S6 or Samsung Galaxy S5 mini, but it works on an (old) Galaxy Note 10.1.

I opened an issue in the bugbase (with a project to test it) right here =>

Bug#4156619 - [ANE - Android] ArgumentError: Error #3500: The extension context does not have a meth...

I'm fully available if you need more informations to track this bug. This ANE is one of the major points of my application, so if it doesn't work anymore it's a huge problem for me.

If anyone else has a similar problem with this ANE or another one, please vote for it to be fixed !

Thanks in advance,

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
May 24, 2016 May 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, we received crash reports from users when we released our app to Android with Air 22 beta. While we are not able to reproduce the issue locally, the users stated the app crashed when they tried to log in with Facebook through the GoViral ANE. Falling back to Air 19 fixed the issue for us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 25, 2016 May 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Julien26,

The bug has been reproduced and our engineering team is looking into this.

We will let you know when the fix is available.

Thanks a lot for sharing the files and ane.

-Roshan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 26, 2016 May 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We investigated this and found that the issue is more likely due to the NDK upgrade.

Please see how to fix it:

We need to recompile the .so with android NDK and while recompiling the .so they need to pass the flag LOCAL_LDFLAGS += -fuse-ld=bfd

Then use this shared library (.so) to make his ANE . Currently the problem is not with his ANE but with the .so ANE uses.

Please refer:

https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=109071

Android developers have reported this issue on google forums as well. Users have faced this issue when they upgrade to android 21 and so did we .

Kindly let me know if it helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines