2 Replies Latest reply on May 25, 2016 4:09 AM by tomášp63218028

Scrollable artboards

lk1289836

Can anybody tell me how the new feature "Scrollable artboards" works? I've been working with custom size artboards so far, as I'm used to design in @2 resolution for iOS. Now since the new release, the scrollable area seems to be random (see screenshot) and I don't know how to change it. Thanks for helping.

Bildschirmfoto 2016-05-24 um 09.13.19.png

• 1. Re: Scrollable artboards
          Corrinna Rainwater Adobe Employee

Hi,

for now the scrollable area feature only works with 1. presets and 2. artboards created from the welcome screen.

For 1.

1. You pick an artboard preset from the right Artboards pane (iPhone6, iPad...)

2. Select the artboard and increase the height

-> the original height of the artboard is now the viewport and all the access is a scrollable area

For 2. (and this is probably most useful for you)

1. Close all documents so that the welcome screen shows

2. In the very right enter the width and height of your custom sized artboard

3. Select the artboard and increase the height

-> the original height of the artboard is now the viewport and all the access is a scrollable area

The feature is still in development and there will be better ways to work with scrollable areas soon.

Please let me know if you have more questions.

HTH, Corrinna

• 2. Re: Scrollable artboards
            tomášp63218028

Hi,

thank you for your answer. You solution works.

Is there a way how can I preserve scroll position when I switch between pages in preview mode?

Tomas