I am trying to duplicate a movieclip on the stage, and also
set its properties.
1. Does an instance of the "main" movie clip need to exist on
the stage, or can I not dynamically create/duplicate movieclips on
the stage from the Library?
2. Why does onRelease not get called if the mouse button is
released while above the other instances?
3. In my code, I'm trying to set each duplicate instance's
onRelease and onPress event handlers. I am unable to get it working
if I use the variable 'i' (more efficient) than directly using the
mcQuestion0.onPress = onPressMe;
This does not work:
Any clues why?
The array was used just to try something different - but that
didnt work either (using the variable 'i').
The following did work:
BUT, why does this not work?
So now 2 questions remain:
1. Does an instance of the movie clip have to exist for me to
be able to duplicate it, or can I just not dynamically create
duplicates of a movie clip that exists only in the Library?
2. How do I get onRelease to be called on a dragged
movieclip, even when (the dragged clip) is under another object on
1. Check the help files for MovieClip.attachMovie(). While
you are at it you might want to review duplicateMovie while you are
2. You might want to read the entry for
MovieClip.onReleaseOutside. (I actually don't know for sure on this
one, but I'm guessing that will be a good place to start!) I
generally do these kinds of things like this:
//mycode goes here
It is a good idea to get in the habit of defining a
onReleaseOutside because there are lots of ways the user can move
out of the clip.