4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 1, 2016 1:35 PM by Steve Werner

I'm researching how to create interactive content using indesign but I'm not sure it's the right way to go about it

paulhigham2

Hi,

I'm researching the best way to create an interactive presentation to be viewed on a PC via a touch-screen, it's intended to be a front end of an archive of images, sound files and video clips, the presentation will run in a public exhibition and needs to be very simple to operate.

I've been looking into indesign exported to Interactive PDF, I haven't used this before and it does provide most of what I need, the ability to drill down through categories to display images and text although the video support is awful.

In the (very distant) past I would have probably used Authorware to put together this project but I've been out of the loop for a very long time and everything has changed! I'm a video editor by trade so I know my around Premiere and After Effects no problem, I could just do with a steer on what software I would use to be able to build such an interactive presentation and perhaps some suggestion of the best delivery format.

Thanks in advance, I really don't know where else to go, I've been searching for answers for some time now.