10 Replies Latest reply on May 28, 2016 5:48 AM by Steve Grisetti

Burning a .prel file on a DVD (Photoshop 14)

Goose2011

I created a movie & I am unable to burn a DVD - error - Photoshop Elements 14 not responding.

How do I burn a DVD using my movie file.

• 1. Re: Burning a .prel file on a DVD (Photoshop 14)
          Ann Bens Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Are you using Premiere Elements or Photoshop Elements as a .prel file is a Premiere Elements project file.

You cannot make a video dvd out of a .prel projectYou need to open the .prel project file with Premiere Elements.

From the timeline you can make a dvd with or without a menu.

Please give some details on what you have done so far.

• 2. Re: Burning a .prel file on a DVD (Photoshop 14)
            Goose2011 Level 1

Hi Anne

It is disappointing to learn, the new & improved versions no longer support burning a DVD from a slide project. I have tried working in the timeline in Premier Elements 14 & find it very cumbersome & not user friendly at all!

Please recommend a DVD burning program that will support the Adobe slideshow format.

Thank you

Garry

• 3. Re: Burning a .prel file on a DVD (Photoshop 14)
              Ann Bens Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I have no idea what the Adobe slideshow format is?

Was this made in Photoshop?

On a side note it has never been possible to burn a .prel file to dvd.

• 4. Re: Burning a .prel file on a DVD (Photoshop 14)
                pgauba Adobe Employee

Hi Garry,

Are you trying to burn DVD disc?

What error you are getting while exporting to DVD?

Can you please try to burn DVD ISO image?

Thanks,

Pankaj Gauba

• 5. Re: Burning a .prel file on a DVD (Photoshop 14)
                  Goose2011 Level 1

Good morning

here are my steps:

1. created movie in Premier Elements 14 - I see it has a file extension of .prel

2. after saving file; in Premier Elements selected \ QUICK  \ Export & Save \ Disc

3. Had option to add disc menu - as this is a test \ selected no.

Once I did that - the program went into never never land

When I looked at the task manager - this process is "not responding"

Unable to sent ISO

Here is the info that I think you are looking for

Resolution: 1280 x 720

File size: 611.33 mb

Duration: 13 min 33.33 sec

File extension: .mp4

As mentioned earlier, very disappointed with this program & surprised it's worse than version 8 - where I was able to burn a DVD!

There MUST be an easier way to burn a simple DVD, If Adobe Premier Elements 14 - is unable to do so, please recommend a program that can.

Garry

• 6. Re: Burning a .prel file on a DVD (Photoshop 14)
                    Goose2011 Level 1

Good morning

Let me try this from another angle.

1. I am using Adobe Photoshop Elements 14 & Adobe Premier Elements 14

2. Photos are in an album & I want to create a DVD using these photos

3. What are the steps I need to perform - to create this DVD  

Garry

• 7. Re: Burning a .prel file on a DVD (Photoshop 14)
                      Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

That shouldn't be the case at all. What operating system are you using the program on? Have you got the latest version of Quicktime installed, per the program's requirements?

We can certainly recommend a DVD authoring program. But there's no reason a properly configured computer won't be able to at least burn an ISO file.

You say the program stalls when you opt not to add a disc menu. What happens if you do add a Movie Menu before you choose Export & Share/Disc/DVD?

• 8. Re: Burning a .prel file on a DVD (Photoshop 14)
                        Goose2011 Level 1

Hi Steve

See my answers in Bold next to your questions.

I also noticed, that when media is added into Premier Elements 14, any phots that were rotated are imported as they were BEFORE they were rotated; how do I rotate the media in instant movie?

Thanks

Garry

• 9. Re: Burning a .prel file on a DVD (Photoshop 14)
                          Goose2011 Level 1

Hi Steve

I forgot to mention, that I also noticed that the photos do not appear in the same order as in my album - how do I add media & maintain the same order.

I tried creating an instant movie with a menu & additional information appeared plus a burn process began. I see it is slow & will confirm later that the movie was burned onto a disc.

Thanks for the help & look forward to your solutions on the issues with adding media to maintain order & rotation.

Garry

• 10. Re: Burning a .prel file on a DVD (Photoshop 14)
                            Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

I think you should continue to troubleshoot the original concerns, Goose, before you start bringing in other issues.

Please answer all of the questions that we've asked. The photo rotation thing is an easy fix once you're able to create an ISO.