8 Replies Latest reply on Jul 20, 2017 7:01 AM by molly141

Can't authorize Digital Editions - says could not connect to activation server

karenw53688120 Level 1

I'm running Adobe Digital Editions 4.5 on a Windows 7 computer.

I was using Adobe Digital Edition unauthorized to read library eBooks, then decided to authorize it so I could access my library books elsewhere as well. I downloaded some books, then I started getting authentication errors. I couldn't erase the authorization through Adobe Digital Editions to try to redo it, I kept getting errors. I followed the instructions for editing the Registry, which removed the old authorization, and now I can select "authorize your computer". But when I enter my Adobe ID and password, I get the error message:

"Digital Editions could not connect to the activation server. Please make sure you are connected to the Internet."

My computer is connected to the Internet - that's how I'm connected to this discussion. I have uninstalled and re-installed Adobe Digital Editions, and the same thing happens.  Any suggestions? I prefer Adobe Digital Editions to alternatives, but if this activation problem can't be fixed I won't have any choice.