Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tutorial about the interaction between actionscript and Breeze Presenter

New Here ,
Jun 01, 2006 Jun 01, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Can anyone tell me where to find a good tutorial about the interaction between actionscript and Breeze Presenter?

Thanks
TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 01, 2006 Jun 01, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi,

ActionSript is a javascript derrivative used by Flash - its purpose is the programmatic control of Flash modules. I highly recommend the O'Reilly series of books (ActionScript for Flash MX, ActionScript Cookbook, etc.) for learning this language. Mr. Moock is my hero!

Now, Breeze Presenter is really just a utility which converts PowerPoint slides into Flash modules, which are then shown by the proprietary Flash module "viewer.swf". Because any Flash module can access any other Flash module in a stack (and thus make use of its properties and methods) it is possible for you to embed a Flash module in a PowerPoint slide which will "talk to" the viewer.swf when you view your Breeze presentation. There are several examples of this on the forum.

The trick is learning the properties and method names for the viewer.swf file, so that you can then address them. Macromedia isn't very forthcoming, so its a matter of trial and error. Interestingly, the main object in the viewer.swf is named "Poolpah2" - if you get a moment, look up what a "poolpah" is (hint - its from a Kurt Vonnegut book).

Cheers!

~Marc B

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources