When you preview from RoboHelp the process creates a temporary version of the topic. Each of these is assigned rlt as the first three letters and the others seem to be arbitrary and random.
As for the popup issue, you are on version 10 of the application and that means you are two versions behind. Have you ensured that you have applied any updates? Check the link below for updates.
Thanks for the reply Rick. I just find it odd that popups worked fine and then one day they didn't, likely the same day I got the HHComponentActivator message.
I had no idea the patches weren't installed when I clicked Updates on the Help menu. Applying the applicable updates had the following results:
- The popup issue still is not fixed within RoboHelp, but it did make them work within the browser for the generated project, so at least a partial victory.
- The HHComponentActivator message is back after regenerating the project, but I'll just copy the file from the blank project.
- To my utter joy, I can now see the content in the side bar within IE 11 and the content actually loads in Google Chrome. This is huge because Windows kept forcing me to update the browser and I would have to spend time reverting, then be pestered with never-ending messages to update the system. Since I couldn't see the content in Chrome, I had no choice other than to deal with the update reminders.
I'll have to work on getting the company to update my RoboHelp, until then I'll limp on.
I just find it odd that popups worked fine and then one day they didn't, likely the same day I got the HHComponentActivator message.
Indeed, such is the oddness encountered when a browser update suddenly changes that playing field and the RoboHelp code no longer knows how to handle the changes!