1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 2, 2016 5:57 AM by Chetna Srivastava

LR mobile questions

melissapiccone Adobe Community Professional

Here is a screenshot from Scott Kelby's video, how did he do that? I want my phone to show up under the Folders like that... I only have my hard drive.Screen Shot 2016-05-25 at 10.39.33 AM.png

I made a collection on my phone - this screenshot is from my Mac

Screen Shot 2016-05-25 at 10.41.37 AM.png

There are pics in the collection on my phone, but they don't push to my computer. It seems only pics from computer collections push to the phone - I thought is was both ways.

Here is where the trouble is happening:

Screen Shot 2016-05-25 at 10.43.31 AM.png

I was having issues getting it to sync. I took my May folder and moved it - it stopped syncing, so in the prefs I set up a new place for it to sync...

I would like LR to be smart enough to not re-import all of the pics on my phone to a new folder - but it's not that smart.

The LR app on the phone - Talk to me about Lightroom Photos at the top, above my collections. What is it - how does it work? My most recent images are in there... so they should be syncing, right??? How long should it take after I take a picture to be able to see it on my desktop?

The photos only seem to sync when I have  my phone on and LR open. That makes no sense - I know the pics are going to a server online in between, right? Lightroom and I just get along... I should stick with Bridge and Photoshop.

Every update changes how it all works and now I'm totally confused...

• 1. Re: LR mobile questions
          Chetna Srivastava Adobe Employee

Hi melissapiccone,

Yes, the syncing should work both ways.

Would suggest you to follow the below steps for syncing issue:

• Go to help menu in Lightroom on your mac > choose sign out > Quit Lightroom
          • Also, sign out from Lightroom Mobile.
          • Relaunch both and sign in back to both Lightroom and Lightroom Mobile

Lightroom Photos that you see at the top of your collections list in Lightroom Mobile application displays all the images together from all the collections.

If you have imported your recent images in Lightroom Mobile, then yes they should sync to the Mac machine.

The time taken to sync depends on the size of the image but that should not be long.

Let us know if you face any further issues.

Regards

Chetna