4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 7, 2016 9:30 AM by ChristaC

InDesign 2015 v 11.3.0.34 print setup crash on Windows 8 or later

ChristaC

InDesign crashes every time I try to access the Print>Setup>[printer name] Preferences dialog for our main Fiery printers. Every. Time.

PrintSetupProblem_sm.jpg

"A problem has caused InDesign CC 2015 to stop working". This is new behavior after I got a Windows 10 machine.

Windows 10 Enterprise 64 bit - brand new build

InDesign v 11.3.0.34 - brand new install

Printer Konica Minolta BizHub with Fiery RIP, driver Fiery PRO80 70-60C-KM PS Color Server 1.0.

On my previous Windows 7 Enterprise 64 bit machine, running the same version of InDesign 11.3.0.34, I had a number of InDesign print presets that utilized the printer options under the print setup dialog. They worked great. As soon as I got my new computer, the crashing started.

Tested on Windows 7 machine, ID 11.3.0.34 - NO crash

Tested on Windows 8 machine, ID 11.3.0.34 - same crash.

Tested on Windows 10 machine, ID 11.3.0.34 - same crash.

Tested on Windows 10 machine, ID 11.3.0.34 to non-Fiery printer - NO crash.

It seems to be the combination of Windows 8 or later, InDesign 11.3.0.34, and Fiery driver.

I have tried not using the print preset and just clicking Setup - same crash.

I have trashed my preferences. I have uninstalled and reinstalled InDesign. Same crash.

I don't have access to update the Fiery drivers, as they are on a network print server, but since it is working with a Windows 7 machine, I don't know if it will help. I have a request in to my company HelpDesk to try that next.

Please help!