Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My APK is larger than 50 Mega and I need to put it into Google Play

New Here ,
May 25, 2016 May 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I would like to publish an APK on Google Play but it contains many videos so that its size is about 200 MB, how can I solve this problem as Google Play doesn't accept apks larger then 50 MB.

All videos are embedded inside the APK and I would like to make them on the mobile not working from the internet, any idea?

Thanks and best regards

TOPICS
ActionScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 26, 2016 May 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

decrease the size of those videos.  what else can you do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2016 May 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that there is assets part that can be uploaded outside apk but I don't know how can I use it, any idea about assets?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 27, 2016 May 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

anything outside your apk that you would load would need to be on a server and the user would need an internet connection to connect to your server.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 26, 2016 May 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is this (paid for) Native Extension that lets you have APK expansion files when your app exceeds the Play Store's 50MB limit. Not sure how it works, but it is featured on Adobe's "Native extensions for Adobe AIR" page.

Android APK Expansions files ANE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines