3 Replies Latest reply on May 27, 2016 8:41 AM by neast25

Adobe Flash Professional Screen Scaling

neast25

I have the screen scaling issue on a HDPI screen (Microsoft Surface Book) whereby I can't see the majority of the icons and text due to them being extremely small.

It is the same issue described (and solved) for other products in the suite on the following blog: Adobe App Scaling on High DPI Displays (FIX) « Dan Antonielli

I have used this solution with success for the other products that had the issue however it does not work for Flash Professional.

I am so exhausted after trying to search the Internet for a solution over the last week or so and desperately need a solution that works. (changing my screen resolution is not a solution as then other apps are very large and don't fit on the screen)

flash scaling issue screenshot.png

I had the same issue with Photoshop and Dreamweaver but was able to resolve with solution from Dan Antonielli and the image below represents how this now looks following the solution.

dreamweaver.png

I am confused as to why the solution would work with all of the other products I had the issue with but not Flash Professional.

Any help would be much appreciated.

• 1. Re: Adobe Flash Professional Screen Scaling
          Colin Holgate MVP & Adobe Community Professional

I'm sure the Adobe Animate team know about the issue, but I don't know when they plan on fixing it. Members of the team do read these posts, hopefully one of them will have something they can say. As far as I know there is no solution that doesn't have a side effect that causes other problems (other apps that need more space in your case).

You might try taking your most crowded other app, and see if there is a resolution that works ok for those, 1920x1280 for example. That might be enough resolution for them, as well as making the Flash Pro icons be about 50% bigger.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Adobe Flash Professional Screen Scaling
            Asymetrical Adobe Community Professional

I've actually used that hack successfully with Flash on my Surface Pro 2 so I know it does work. I don't think Animate was out yet though so I can't verify if that works. The only app i couldn't get to work was Illustrator but I seem to remember there was more than one way to do it so I always though that I was probably doing the Illustrator one wrong and didn't really need the app that badly to trouble shoot it. Maybe you're also doing it wrong?

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Adobe Flash Professional Screen Scaling
              neast25 Level 1

It's actually Flash Pro CS5 that I need it to work with. Adobe told me to post in this forum when I tried to get support from them. Do you have a copy of your manifest file Asymetrical?