1 Reply Latest reply on May 26, 2006 11:06 AM by Newsgroup_User

Collition detection help

FalinMorDR553
      hey, everyone.

This is the problem im dealing with now. I have a movie clip (dropper) which creates movie clips (bomb) that follow the code. The depth of the (bomb) is set at ++

The problem is, is that I have another element (catcher) that needs to detect the colision between it and (bomb). I believe the problem is that (bomb) is perpetually above (catcher) and therefor will not interact with it. If this is the case, I believe the solution is to keep the (catcher) always on the highest level above the (bomb)s so that they collide. If this is the case, what would be the actionscript, and where would I put it? If not, what do I need to do?

Thank you all very much for taking a look-see.

• 1. Re: Collition detection help
          Level 7

"FalinMorDR553" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message news:e571t8$hm1$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          > hey, everyone.
          >
          > This is the problem im dealing with now. I have a movie clip (dropper) which
          > creates movie clips (bomb) that follow the code. The depth of the (bomb) is set
          > at ++
          >
          > The problem is, is that I have another element (catcher) that needs to detect
          > the colision between it and (bomb). I believe the problem is that (bomb) is
          > perpetually above (catcher) and therefor will not interact with it. If this is
          > the case, I believe the solution is to keep the (catcher) always on the highest
          > level above the (bomb)s so that they collide. If this is the case, what would
          > be the actionscript, and where would I put it? If not, what do I need to do?
          >
          > Thank you all very much for taking a look-see.

Depths don't affect collision detection. I tested your code with a simple test and it works fine..
          http://www.kompanionkare.net/flash/bomber/bomb.html

Must be some other problem with your setup.
          tralfaz