3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 3, 2016 2:51 PM by aronh40948526

Portions of After Effect comp play black in Premiere Pro

sa'dial21232727

I have sent a sequence from PrP to AE via dynamic link. I worked on warp stabilizer and removing track points, rendered it out then saved. When back in Premiere Pro most of the comp will play perfectly, however, a select few clips play through completely black. Back in AE nothing is playing black.

Any help is appreciated!

3.1 GHz Intel Core i5

24 GB 1067 MHz DDR3

AMD Radeon HD 6970M 1024 MB

• 1. Re: Portions of After Effect comp play black in Premiere Pro
          Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

If you want help figuring the issue out, we'll need a lot more information like exact build numbers of AE and Premiere, format and codec of your footage, what effects were used, etc.

Alternatively, just render your files to an intermediate codec from AE, drop them in your Premiere Pro timeline, and skip the dynamic link feature altogether.

• 2. Re: Portions of After Effect comp play black in Premiere Pro
            Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Whenever i use Warp Stabilizer on a shot that footage layer is the only thing in the comp. NO other layers or effects are applied. If I have a shot that is more than 3 or 4 seconds long I use the Render Cue to render a production quality DI (digital intermediate) using a good visually lossless codec. PNG or JPEG 2000 quicktime is a good place to start. GoPro Cineware is a nice higher bit depth format that you can get from their site by downloading the GoPro studio. It may even be native to AE now, I don't remember.

The Warp Stabilized and rendered shots are then used in the production. If I'm going directly back to PPro I replace the footage with the DI. If I am going to do further effects or compositing work in AE then I NEVER use a warp stabilzed layer or pre-comp longer than 3 or 4 seconds as a dynamically linked AEP in Premiere Pro or in an AE comp. Warp Stabilizer just takes too many resources and when the footage is rendered too many things can happen. As soon as I have rendered the Warp Stabilized shot I delete the comp from the project. I know it seems like you would be wasting time and disk space to do this, but in the long run you'll save much more time than you ever spend rendering.

• 3. Re: Portions of After Effect comp play black in Premiere Pro
              aronh40948526

I have the same problem.  Whenever I export footage to C4D, I can not play the footage in AE.  All I see is black.