2 Replies Latest reply on May 27, 2016 10:57 AM by phil weathers

Adobe documents

phil weathers

i had trouble updating Adobe Reader on my iPad Mini so I took it off my screen and downloaded from the one in the App Store. It was already in the cloud so  I just reloaded it. Unfortunately all of my saved documents are gone. Is there any way to recover them

thanks

• 1. Re: Adobe documents
          VinceParsons Adobe Employee

What you saw in the App Store that showed "in the cloud" has nothing to do with your data. That is simply what Apple shows for applications that have been previously installed but are no longer installed. Unfortunately, removing Acrobat Reader deletes all of its data including your documents.

If you've been backing up to iTunes or to iCloud, you might be able to restore your device from a point in time prior to uninstalling Acrobat Reader. Here is a Apple knowledge base article that might be helpful:

Restore your device from an iCloud or iTunes backup - Apple Support

If you store your documents in Adobe Document Cloud, they'll survive an uninstall and would also be available on your other devices and your computers.

I hope you're able to get your data back, and I wish I could do more.

• 2. Re: Adobe documents
            phil weathers Level 1

Thanks

I will see how recently I backed up the phone. Most should still be there

Phil Weathers

[Personal info removed by Mod]