1 Reply Latest reply on May 27, 2016 6:50 AM by m_vargas

Fraudulent "update"?

dennism20175544

Doing nothing special on my Win10 pc, in Chrome, an apparently Abobe window opened and told me to update Flashplayer.  This occurs at approx 10:45pm EDT.  Because I always have my browsers display the URL showing where I am, I glance up and see not adobe.com but ...

https://thooblists-n-profits.com/461143521051/7e14be26cb55a009c1214a95b28382c.html

I closed the window immediately, then searched for the domain and found ... no hits.

I can only presume an infection on my pc, so will run Malwarebytes, Windows Defender, and whatever else I can.

HOWEVER, in case it is *not* a local problem, it only makes sense to alert Adobe and its users by posting the suspicious link.

- d° ♬

• 1. Re: Fraudulent "update"?
          m_vargas Adobe Employee

Yes, this is absolutely fraudulent update notification.  Someone reported the same issue on the same domain yesterday and I forwarded that to our fraud department.  Your URL is slightly different and I have forwarded your URL to the fraud department as well.

I recommend running full scans on your system for malware, virus, etc.