8 Replies Latest reply on May 29, 2016 4:33 PM by BLamfers

Lightroom 6 crashed

BLamfers

Lightroom 6 ran well in Windows 10.  Then it crashed, the display screen comes up and goes no further.  I unpined the tile thinking that I could find an alternate to start up Lightroom 6.  NOW I CAN"T FINE MY PROGRAM FILES.  So I have no way of find the program to try and restart it.

How do I sort this problem out.  How do I fix the problem of Lightroom 6 not runing, and hanging on the display screen?

• 1. Re: Lightroom 6 crashed
          dj_paige Level 9

BLamfers wrote:

Lightroom 6 ran well in Windows 10. Then it crashed, the display screen comes up and goes no further. I unpined the tile thinking that I could find an alternate to start up Lightroom 6. NOW I CAN"T FINE MY PROGRAM FILES. So I have no way of find the program to try and restart it.

How do I sort this problem out. How do I fix the problem of Lightroom 6 not runing, and hanging on the display screen?

Use your Windows search feature to search all hard disks for a file named Lightroom.exe — when you find it, double-click on it to launch the program.

What display screen comes up? Exactly what does this display screen say? Show us a screen capture.

• 2. Re: Lightroom 6 crashed
            BLamfers Level 1

Clicking on the screen produces these files

A search for Lightroom.exe produced these files.

Clicking on Lightroom.exe produces no resjults.

Here is where it is confusing,  initially I produced the above screen,  When the windows 10 file was available.  The screen turned white and set Lightroom stoped working.

Later today when I clicked on clicking on lightroom application I got this screen .  It is very confusing. Ckucjubg the  screem lightroom made the application go white. 

Yes how do I sort this out.

• 3. Re: Lightroom 6 crashed
              BLamfers Level 1

Here is more information -

the file clicked on later today to get the screen is this

• 4. Re: Lightroom 6 crashed
                dj_paige Level 9

It's hard to know what all these things are. The last screen capture is a file of 15.7 MB and dated 4/6/2015, that can't be Lightroom 6 because Lightroom 6 wasn't released until a few weeks later and takes up much more disk space.

What happens if you use your operating system to search for files whose name ends with .LRCAT, and then double-click on one of those?

• 5. Re: Lightroom 6 crashed
                  BLamfers Level 1

Clicking on lightroom catalog the 624 MB file  produces the lightroom opening screen.  Clicking on that screen says Lightroom 6 is not responsding.

clicking on the first Lightroom 4 catalog file bring up an operating lightroom brings up instructions to upgrade to lightroom 6, which I do not want to do since I did this when I installed lightroom 6.

Only a suggestion - perhaps lightroom 6 should be uninstalled.  I wish a file was available to repair lightroom 6  file.  I need help in that area and what to avoid to not cause trouble.

Hope this helps

• 6. Re: Lightroom 6 crashed
                    dj_paige Level 9

Uninstall Lightroom

Reinstall Lightroom from the APPLICATION INSTALLERS at Keep your Lightroom version up to date

Then update to Lightroom 6.5.1 from the links at the same web page

• 7. Re: Lightroom 6 crashed
                      BLamfers Level 1

OK dj_paige  

Re:Lightroom crashed.

I have EVERYTHING I NEED to restore Lightroom 6 once I uninstall the crashed program.

BUT - what do I do with my existing current Lightroom Catalog.

Thanks!

• 8. Re: Lightroom 6 crashed
                        BLamfers Level 1

Thanks for your help.  I have learned much.

I reinstalled Lightroom 6 without any problem.  That thus far I know about!!!!  So what is the big deal with all my floundering around.

I have lingering doubts about Windows 10, and have had tiles blow up and disappear. Of course that is not your problemj.

But I am wondering what caused Lightroom 6 to blow up or CRASH.  I can wonder.  Is there a bug in Lightroom?.  I was making cards and using Serif Page 8 and multitasking with Lightroom 6.  Did that cause the blow up. Is there a bug in Windows 10.

Serif has a tendency to blow up, always relating to mouse movements.  Windows 10 and the female robot has a few problems.

For several years other than one catalog problem of my making, there has NOT BEEN ONE PROBLEM with Lightroom 4.3. I have lost only one file, in 15 years, with 56,000 plus images.  Now 25 days out into this Light room 6, a serious problem occurred.  Do you blame me for getting a bit itchy.

I like lightroom especially the previous version, and now a serpent has entered paradise and I wonder where he is. Is he going to bite me again.

Sorry for this rant, I just want to express myself.

Keep up the good work Adobe.