2 Replies Latest reply on May 26, 2006 7:40 AM by jkgiven

Does this exist?

jkgiven Level 1
      I would have searched for this on the site first, but I don't know what to search for.
      Lets say I had two graphics, or even movie clips - lets call one the upperLeg and the ohter the lowerLeg. Now lets pretend that I was looking at the leg from the side, getting ready to move and rotate the two images like the were part of a leg moving. How can I keep a point (like where the knee would be) in the upperLeg and the lower leg always aligned together? I hope that makes sense.
        • 1. Re: Does this exist?
          Level 7
          it exists but not in flash - well not entirely.
          what you refer to is commonly known as "IK" or Inverse Kinetics (parent child relationships). Flash
          does not have this but it can be achieved with actionScript (just don't ask me how). Dedicated
          animation programs like Toon Boom Solo (www.toonboom.com) and MOHO (www.lostmarble.com) offer IK
          features. I can say there is an IK plugin for Flash being developed by a company but I am not at
          liberty to say anything more about it as it is not ready for release yet.

In the meantime, in flash, you can "hinge" your symbols but this only means you can control how a
          symbol rotates - it does not build any kind of parent/child relationship between symbols.

see this:
          http://www.mudbubble.com/db_tutorials/db_tut_editcenter.html

--> **Adobe Certified Expert**
          --> www.mudbubble.com
          --> www.keyframer.com

jkgiven wrote:
          > I would have searched for this on the site first, but I don't know what to
          > search for.
          > Lets say I had two graphics, or even movie clips - lets call one the upperLeg
          > and the ohter the lowerLeg. Now lets pretend that I was looking at the leg from
          > the side, getting ready to move and rotate the two images like the were part of
          > a leg moving. How can I keep a point (like where the knee would be) in the
          > upperLeg and the lower leg always aligned together? I hope that makes sense.
          >
          • 2. Re: Does this exist?
            jkgiven Level 1
            OK - thanks for that explanation and example link.
            Is there a way then to align the centers after you have moved them away from the true center of a symbol? If I use align, it just aligns the center of the whole symbol and not the center marker.