2 Replies Latest reply on May 29, 2016 1:11 PM by jvedette

Deleting Published Images

jvedette

I have published a few images to Flickr via Lightroom's Publish Services. If I remove one of these images, it appears in another window marked "Deleted Photos To Remove".  Question : I cannot remove the image from this window without using the delete command.  If I do, does it permanently delete the image from the catalogue AND disk or just remove it from the Publish "Deleted Photos To Remove" window?

• 1. Re: Deleting Published Images
          johnrellis Most Valuable Participant
          If I remove one of these images, it appears in another window marked "Deleted Photos To Remove".  Question : I cannot remove the image from this window without using the delete command.

Hmm, if I select a photo in Deleted Photos To Remove and then type Delete, nothing happens (this is on LR CC 2015.5.1).  Are you sure that when you do this, the photo is removed from that section?

When you have photos in Deleted Photos To Remove, you can either:

- Click Publish, in which case the photo will be removed from the Flickr album and from the corresponding LR published collection set. It will then disappear from Deleted Photos To Remove.  But it won't be deleted from your catalog.

- Drag the photo back onto the published collection in the Publish Services panel, which will remove it from Deleted Photos To Remove.

• 2. Re: Deleting Published Images
            jvedette Level 1

Thanks for your quick response.  I did not try the Delete key as I did not know whether this would be a permanent action.  However your answer solves the problem and works fine.  Thanks again.