2 Replies Latest reply on May 29, 2016 6:21 AM by Just Shoot Me

importing from 2nd shooter

daniellej98068432

Hello, I was the 2nd shooter for a wedding this past weekend. When I got home, I imported my raw images from my sd card into my lightroom and a few days later when I met up with the photographer, we tried to upload my sd card into her lightroom. They seemed to import fine, but now lightroom is saying the files can't be found, and some other error messages. Does this have something to do with the fact that I uploaded them on my lightroom first? What is the best way to handle this?

• 1. Re: importing from 2nd shooter
          99jon Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Select the Folder in the LR Library

Right-click and choose export as catalog

Choose to include negative files and metadata.

She should be able to import as a catalog assuming the same version of Lightroom.

• 2. Re: importing from 2nd shooter
            Just Shoot Me Adobe Community Professional

It has nothing to do with you uploading them into your version of LR.

We need to know the exact error message that came up. Along with that the exact camera model you used and the exact LR version the other photographer is using.

More than likely they are using an older version of LR that doesn't recognize your camera model.

In that case they would need to Copy the images from your SD card to their hard drive then use the free Adobe DNG converter to convert your RAW files to DNGs. Then they will be able to import those files into their version of LR.

You can also Copy the images from your hard drive to a USB stick and take that to them. But they would still need to convert them to DNG if their version of LR is older and doesn't recognize your model camera.

Or of course they could upgrade LR to the newest version. That is Upgrade not Update.

1 person found this helpful