2 people found this helpful
Check the Unicode/ OpenType settings for glyph substitution in the respective text panels and make sure to actually pick the proper language setting for your documents in the first place, including the spell checker.
1 person found this helpful
It's nothing to do with having the Hebrew version. What happening is that you've got "discretionary ligatures" turned on. Go to the flyout of the control panel, to the OpenType sub-menu, and switch off discretionary ligatures and it should be fine.
Thank you guys. Yes, I did have ligatures on in Photoshop (standard though not discretionary) and I also made sure they were off in Indesign as Acrobat which were the other CC programs I was using. However, the problem still persisted in Captivate. I uninstalled and reinstalled Captivate and the problem seems to have gone for new files that I created. Old ones still have the issue but I guess I can live with it for now.