3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 5, 2016 9:16 AM by georgeb63676161

Reader not launching

georgeb63676161

Reader 16.1.1 fails to launch on older Nexus 7. It is possible though to use a file explorer, select file & open with Reader.

• 1. Re: Reader not launching
          Adorobat Adobe Employee

Hi georgeb63676161 ,

Yes, you can locate the file,tap the file>select Adobe Acrobat from the list.

Let us know if you face any issue.

Thank  You!

Shivam

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Reader not launching
            KhanMehwish Adobe Employee

Hello,

Are you still observing the issue with the latest Adobe Acrobat version? What is the Android version on your device?

Thanks,

Adobe Acrobat Team

• 3. Re: Reader not launching
              georgeb63676161 Level 1

I have version 16.2 on tablet.

I can now launch app though it was necessary to manually swipe through

welcome screens in order to get to "Continue" button. From there I can open

some pdf files. The files which can be opened are in the "Downloads" folder

or a local "Documents" folder.

Many of the files showing in the "Local" tab of the app's file browser were

created using Google Cloud Print plug-in for Chrome & stored on Google

Drive. These files cannot be opened due to being "not a valid PDF".

Strangely, the "same" file stored locally in a "Documents" folder before

being uploaded to Drive can be opened. That must be something with how Drive

stores files. These files are located at

"/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.whichever app created file". These

files should not show in list.

So, yes I can first launch app then search for a file to open but it's

easier to use a file browser for locating files & opening from there. If I

could figure how to sort files within app maybe I could then search from

built-in browser. I see no method for sorting "Local" files or hiding

"Local" folders containing files which will not open.

Of course by now I've become accustomed to everything in Android being not

fully finished. I have 2 devices, a tablet & a phone; the tablet had 1 too

many system updates pushed resulting in very poor performance. That has me

soured on Android in general.