10 Replies Latest reply on May 30, 2016 7:13 PM by daisyg30458525

I have 2 databases I use for lightroom how do I identify objects I changed in one and not the other

daisyg30458525

I use my laptop as my computer on travel. When I get home, I transfer my data to my main catalog on my desktop. Sometimes the files remain on my laptop and I have made changes to some of my files.

I was attempting to identify objects through finder that I changed since I last added my laptop files to my desktop. My intention was to identify the XMP files that were changed since I added my laptop files to my desktop.

In analyzing what I see in finder, I find the Lightroom data does not seem to make sense. For example, the first line in finder looks as follows

File: _MG_1180.xmp

Date Added: 5/5/16

Date Created: 4/16/16

Date Modified: 4/16/16

1. I have been consistently adding to my catalog when I import from my SD cards into my laptop. I am expecting that my date added date should be the same as the Date Created date. Why is date added later than date created?

2. In synching my 2 libraries, Can I simply move my xmp files from one to the other?