• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe air. how to check users reviewed apps or not and how many times users used apps.

New Here ,
May 30, 2016 May 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I wanna check whether users reviewed my apps or not and how many times users opened my apps.

I checked some sites. but I couldn't find any.

Thank you.

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 30, 2016 May 30, 2016

You can use sharedobject to store a number for each time the user opens the app, and whether they had touched your "review" button. You cannot be sure that they did go on to write a review, but at least you know they went to the review page.

Here's the documentation on sharedobject:

SharedObject - Adobe ActionScript® 3 (AS3 ) API Reference

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use sharedobject to store a number for each time the user opens the app, and whether they had touched your "review" button. You cannot be sure that they did go on to write a review, but at least you know they went to the review page.

Here's the documentation on sharedobject:

SharedObject - Adobe ActionScript® 3 (AS3 ) API Reference

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you again for your quick reply and the link.

I haven't tried yet. But I think I can do what I want thanks to your reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But you can't use Shared Object if the users available device storage dips below 900MB .. as Adobe has not fixed this issue for over 2 years.  So SharedObject method is not reliable.

Bug#3711301 - sharedobjects fail when available storage is low

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is true. My strategy in those cases is to unlock any locked content, and treat the user as if they had done a review already. You can use a try/catch way to trap the error that sharedobject give. Something like this:

var visitsSO:SharedObject = SharedObject.getLocal("uservisits");

visitsSO.data.visits = "";

try {

visitsSO.flush();

} catch (e:Error){

trace("low storage error, unlock features");

}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 31, 2016 May 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think this is a much bigger issue... both a problem with AIR ... but also with iOS related to iCloud Photos and incorrect reporting of free space remaining.

The devices I dont have this problem with don't have iCloud Photos turned on with the automatic freeing up of space when device storage gets low.

Other devices with this turned on have this issue...  

The remaining space that shows in iOS is complete bogus. My 6S Plus says 100 MB remaining .. yet it let me record a 14 minute video at 4K ..  when I deleted over 7,000 images and video totally over 80GB of storage it took 2 hours until it actually showed that space being freed up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines