3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 2, 2016 12:24 AM by Nanaky

Unable to authorize my computer

heidir2461825

I installed ADE on my computer and signed up for an Adobe account, but the question to authorize my computer doesn't pop up, nor does this function work in the Help menu (it's light grey instead of dark grey so it's unabled). What did I miss out on or what did I do wrong?

• 1. Re: Unable to authorize my computer
          Nanaky Level 5

Windows:

Close all applications.

Choose Start > Run.

In the Open text box, type regedit and then press Enter. The Registry Editor opens.

In the left pane of the Registry Editor, locate the following registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adept

Select the Adept key.

Choose File > Export.

In the Export Registry File dialog box, select Selected Branch under Export Range. Enter a name and location for the backup registry key, and then click Save.

Right-click the Adept key and choose Delete.

In the Confirm Key Delete dialog, click OK.

Close the Registry Editor.

Open Adobe Digital Editions and reauthorize.

Macintosh:

quit Adobe Digital Editions.

Navigate to /Users//Library/Application Support/Adobe/Digital Editions and drag the activation.dat file to the trash.

If you are using 10.7, see https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/access-hidden-user-library-files.html

Open Adobe Digital Editions and reauthorize.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Unable to authorize my computer
            heidir2461825 Level 1

Dear Nanaky, thanks for your reply! I just found that the root cause was in the fact that I was online via the VPN of my company. After restarting my (windows) computer and not connecting to the VPN again I was able to authorize my computer.

Cheers, Heidi

• 3. Re: Unable to authorize my computer
              Nanaky Level 5

That is fine.