• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Maximum number of computers activated

New Here ,
May 31, 2016 May 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using my FrameMaker version 10 for several years on the same PC, but some weeks ago I couldn't open FrameMaker and it showed the message that the max number of computers were activated.

What can I do? There is no other computer in our company that is using my serial number. We are two persons here working with two different licenses. Never had such a problem before.

I tried to find a solution in the internet, but couldn't find any helpful answer. There is no other computer that I knew of using the same serial number.

Has anybody of you had the same problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First make sure that you’ve applied all the available patches – if the problem persists, call Adobe Support

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to install the latest one on the Adobe website (from 2011) and my system said that this not a suitable patch. My FM version is newer.

We had a chat with a German Adobe staff member and he solved the problem. Finally, I don't know what the reason for this unexpected activation message was, but at least I can open and work with FrameMaker again ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There was an FM 10 bug that caused all instances of FM10 to stop working, saying that they had expired, but the patch they released right after fixed it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines