Thank you so much Adobe!
Hi Sue, thank you so much for all the improvements you made and you’re making to the app.
I’d like to ask a couple of questions, I hope this is the right place to do that.
Is it possible to copy one single layer and paste it to another drawing on the same app? If not, is it a feature you’re working on?
It often happens I have to to that action and at the moment the only thing I can do is saving the picture and pasting it on another drawing.
About this, is there any chance I could remove the background with Photoshop mix and add the saved image with transparency to Adobe Sketch? Because so far it seems that Photoshop mix saves and exports practically everywhere but Sketch. :-) it would be great if, as in Adobe Comp, there would be seamless integration between the two apps.
I’ll keep using Sketch even if it stays as it is, it’s the best app to draw and create.
Thank you in advance for your support
This is absolutely the right place to post questions (you can also always write us through the in-app feedback).
Two quick questions:
What version of the app are you using?
And what version of your mobile operating system are you using?
Let me know.
adobe Sketch is version 4.5, system is 11.2.5 (15D60).
Perfect. You can drag-and-drop layers between drawings in Sketch on iOS 11. I"ve written up a set of instructions for doing that; they should help. (My first tip: Use two hands.)
* Tap the layer you want to move.
* Once it’s outlined, press-hold-and drag it to the center of the canvas. DO NOT TAKE YOUR FINGER OFF THAT LAYER.
* If you only want to move that one layer, with your other hand, tap "Close" in the upper left nav (still without releasing that layer that you have your finger on).
* If the drawing you want to copy the layer to is in the same project, tap on it. If it’s in another project tap "Close" again to see more of your projects.
* Once you’re in the drawing you want to copy the layer to... release it.
Note: If you want to move other layers, just tap them while continuing to hold on the first one you chose.
About removing the background in an image, would this help? There's this little-know functionality in Sketch that might be helpful to you. If you have an Image Layer and you have a Draw Layer and you merge the Image Layer down into the Draw Layer, that Image Layer in essence "becomes" a Sketch Layer and the content can be erased.
Oh thank you, thank you so much Sue! This is super helpful!