9 Replies Latest reply on Jun 28, 2016 8:36 AM by cuisinedesiles

Lightroom crashes when setting colour matching in Canon Pro1 printer settings

Maldog Level 1

Both myself and my partner have experienced the same problem on two different computers. When we set up a new preset in the print module for print profiling and enter the colour matching in the print module lightroom crashes. We are unsure if this is a lightroom problem, Microsoft problem or a canon problem. I have systematically after backing everything up in lightroom re installed the Canon printer software, - no change still crashes, Lightroom 6 - no change still crashes. The only thing I haven't done is rolled back my windows 7 OS because I have just found out from windows vista roll back is only saves from the last 5 days. I'm loath to re load my O/S. The trouble is all three have issued updated software recently and with nothing the following report is generated from Lightroom when it checks and fails to find a solution on line.

This is the point where it crashes

Screen Shot 05-31-16 at 08.19 PM.PNG

This is the crash report

Problem signature:
        Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
        Application Name: lightroom.exe
        Application Version: 6.5.1.10
        Application Timestamp: 571b61a0
        Fault Module Name: CNMUIBQ.DLL
        Fault Module Version: 0.3.0.0
        Fault Module Timestamp: 52013e65
        Exception Code: c000041d
        Exception Offset: 00000000000e23cb
        OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
        Locale ID: 2057
        Additional Information 1: c22c
        Additional Information 2: c22c491ecc670eef693019368111d3a3
        Additional Information 3: ce7b
        Additional Information 4: ce7be9b7d11b0243cf91c6abd11e5cb4

Read our privacy statement online:
        http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
        C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Any one else had a problem like this? and if so what was your solution.

• 2. Re: Lightroom crashes when setting colour matching in Canon Pro1 printer settings
          Maldog Level 1

Hi many thanks for your helpful advice and having checked the current firmware version on the printer it is running Ver. 2.110 and states that it does not require updating. I'm not surprised really as this printer was purchased only recently (6 months ago) and was working perfectly in conjunction with Lightroom until the last 4 weeks. Any other thoughts would be appreciated. I just completed a google check for the part in the fault description - Fault Module Name: CNMUIBQ.DLL and see that it is a file associated with Canon. I enter and set up colour matching for paper profiles using my older printer (Canon ip4800) from Lightroom 6 with no problem at all. I can't work it out.

Screen Shot 06-01-16 at 06.54 PM.PNG

• 3. Re: Lightroom crashes when setting colour matching in Canon Pro1 printer settings
            F. McLion Adobe Community Professional & MVP

So, the firmware is up to  date. How about the driver version in Windows I asked?

Remove the driver in Windows and reinstall it.

• 4. Re: Lightroom crashes when setting colour matching in Canon Pro1 printer settings
              Maldog Level 1

Hi, thanks for keeping with me.

Un-installed and re-installed the latest driver several times now-even done a registry clean between uninstalling and installing the latest driver available on the site but still crashes.

• 5. Re: Lightroom crashes when setting colour matching in Canon Pro1 printer settings
                Maldog Level 1

No one any ideas??

I have spoken to Canon and they say that the problem is with the registry and that it is beyond their capability to fix it which is not good as I now have a very expensive printer that I can no longer profile my printing papers. Very Sad & Upset.

Here is the event log.

<Event
                xmlns
                ="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

- <System>

<Provider Name="Application Error"
                />

<EventID
                Qualifiers
                ="0">1000</EventID>

<Level>2</Level>

<Task>100</Task>

<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2016-06-23T17:28:00.000000000Z" />

<EventRecordID>65697</EventRecordID>

<Channel>Application</Channel>

<Computer>Malcolm-PC</Computer>

<Security />

</System>

- <EventData>

<Data>lightroom.exe</Data>

<Data>6.5.1.10</Data>

<Data>571b61a0</Data>

<Data>CNMUIBQ.DLL</Data>

<Data>0.3.0.0</Data>

<Data>53fe0982</Data>

<Data>c000041d</Data>

<Data>00000000000e457f</Data>

<Data>2fe8</Data>

<Data>01d1cd743d8773ac</Data>

<Data>C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Lightroom\lightroom.exe</Data>

<Data>C:\Windows\system32\spool\DRIVERS\x64\3\CNMUIBQ.DLL</Data>

<Data>d4e740a2-3967-11e6-b772-94de80c9e865</Data>

</EventData>

</Event>

• 6. Re: Lightroom crashes when setting colour matching in Canon Pro1 printer settings
                  cuisinedesiles Level 1

Hi, I may perhaps help.

I've got the same problem starting yesterday when I installed a little application due to manage the internal naming of ICC profiles, i.e. intended to make the ICC profile name more user friendly in Photoshop or Lightroom: "CANSON_Baryta_310g_CanonPro1", instead of "cifa_pixmapro1_baryta310".

At the same time, i'd downloaded new versions of the CANSON's ICC profiles for my CANON Pixma Pro-1.

Seems the new Canson profiles or the rewritten ones have got some corruption which prevents the CANON Driver to correctly read the available ICC profiles in C:/Windows/system32/drivers/color.

Having done the same operations as you, i.e. driver and Canon application reinstallations without success, i've got the idea that it could be related to the ICC profiles management or corrupted ICC's.

I've then consequently created a "backup" subdirectory in the icc "color" directory, and have moved there all the Canson and CANSON rewritten icc files.

The problem have been solved.

I suggest you to do the same, i.e. move away all the uncertain icc profiles until you get the Canon Printer properties /driver to work, and then replace one by one all the icc files so as to determine which of your ICC's is corrupted.

• 7. Re: Lightroom crashes when setting colour matching in Canon Pro1 printer settings
                    Maldog Level 1

You absolutely nailed it and thank you so much you are a star. Very astute of you to notice that I was using this profile renaming software and unloading all the canson ICC profiles got the printer colour profiling back working for me.

I had spent 3 - 4 days talking to Canon who to be fair tried hard to understand the problem but in the end gave up and referred me to either Microsoft (Who can be a bit like roll Royce in denying anything can be wrong with their products so don't need a direct support line) or to live with it which considering the investment in their product was disappointing in the least.

Regards

Malcolm

1 person found this helpful
                    • 9. Re: Lightroom crashes when setting colour matching in Canon Pro1 printer settings
                      cuisinedesiles Level 1

Thanks Malcom.

I'd also logged a Canon Ticket, before imaginating such a cause for my problem, but by email and it hadn't yet been taken into account.
                      I've therefore

* called back,

* closed the case,

* asked them to notice the root cause and the solution,

* and also asked to log a lab ticket so has to have the lab engineer include some prevention mechanism into the driver/software: a single corrupted ICC file among many others in the Windows Color directory shouldn't crash a driver especially without any error code.

This Canon driver is quite bit of scrap anyway: having to walk such a long way simply to be sure that your choice for icc/software management of the colors instead of driver management is well checked is not the best implementation i've ever seen. :-(

Regards

Bruno

I