3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 1, 2016 10:14 PM by ssprengel

toggle between current settings and defaults for visible panel only (ctl+alt+p)

KingsHockeyFan1

Why is it that when I am on the basic panel and I select the toggle between current settings and defaults for visible panel only button the panel will reset to defaults but will not toggle back to current settings?  The button acts more like a reset to current settings button rather than a toggle.  On other panels it appears to work as I would expect.

• 1. Re: toggle between current settings and defaults for visible panel only (ctl+alt+p)
          ssprengel Adobe Community Professional & MVP

On Windows 10 64-bit, my ACR 9.5.1 under PS CC 2015.1.2 toggles between ACR-defaults and the current settings and back when I repeatedly press CtrlAltP simultaneously, or if I hold Ctrl+Alt down and repeatedly press P while those two keys are down.

Pressing just P or using the double-arrows button at the bottom right will toggle current and previous settings, not current and defaults like you’re talking about.

• 2. Re: toggle between current settings and defaults for visible panel only (ctl+alt+p)
            KingsHockeyFan1 Level 1

"On Windows 10 64-bit, my ACR 9.5.1 under PS CC 2015.1.2 toggles between ACR-defaults and the current settings and back when I repeatedly press CtrlAltP simultaneously, or if I hold Ctrl+Alt down and repeatedly press P while those two keys are down."

Yes, so does mine on all tabs (tone curve, detail, HSL, split toning, lens corrections, effects, calibration) except the "basic" tab.  Does yours work on the basic tab?  Is it a bug or design that keeps it from working on the basic tab?  It did not work on my previous version of ACR either.

"Pressing just P or using the double-arrows button at the bottom right will toggle current and previous settings, not current and defaults like you’re talking about."

Correct, this is not what I am talking about.  I am talking about the button that has the 3 sliders and has Ctrl+Alt+P on hover-over.  It is supposed to toggle between current and default settings for the current panel only.

When I am selected to the "basic" tab and I make a change, lets say to saturation and clarity, I should be able to either select this button or hit ctrl+alt+P and see the photo toggle back and forth with default saturation/clarity and the changes I made without toggling changes made on other tabs. Instead, when I select ctrl+alt+p or press the button with three sliders, my settings from all tabs are reset to default and will not toggle back---all work is gone.

Pressing P will toggle all changes, not just the current tab. It works just fine.

Also on Windows 10 64 bit ACR 9.5.1, launched from Bridge 6.2.0.170 x64.

• 3. Re: toggle between current settings and defaults for visible panel only (ctl+alt+p)
              ssprengel Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Basic tab, yes.

My Bridge CC was only 6.2.0.136 x64, but I uninstalled and reinstalled, then updated, and it is now xxx.170, but things work properly in ACR still.

The correct behavior occurs whether I open my raw files from Bridge or PS.

Maybe post one of your raw files and any accompanying XMP in case that is part of the issue.  Also try from PS, directly.

Also check for any keyboard macro programs that might be eating keystrokes.