2 Replies Latest reply on May 30, 2006 3:25 PM by Newsgroup_User

Plugins do not work

makate Level 1
      i copied plugins from one computer and pasted them in the FW plugins folder but they do not appear in FW. i have specified the location and even went to Preferences but the plugins do not show, but when i specify the plugins in Photoshop they are available. the plugins are from Alien skin eye.
        • 1. Re: Plugins do not work
          Level 7
          On Tue, 30 May 2006 17:53:58 +0400, makate <webforumsuser@macromedia.com>
          wrote:

> i copied plugins from one computer and pasted them in the FW plugins
          > folder but
          > they do not appear in FW. i have specified the location and even went to
          > Preferences but the plugins do not show, but when i specify the plugins
          > in
          > Photoshop they are available. the plugins are from Alien skin eye.

Some questions:

1) What OS are you using? Info about FW and PS versions may be of some
          interest as well.
          2) Do you try to access plugins from FW via "Filters" menu or do you try
          to use them as live effects?
          3) Does the statement "plugins in Photoshop are available" means they are
          listed in the "Filters" menu or does it mean they can be applied?

As a side note, I'd mention that not all the plugins survive direct
          copying. Some require reinstalling. I hope you owe the original
          distribution, so you can just reinstall them on new computer.

--
          Ilya Razmanov
          http://photoshop.msk.ru - Photoshop plug-in filters
          • 2. Re: Plugins do not work
            Level 7
            makate wrote:
            > i copied plugins from one computer and pasted them in the FW plugins folder but
            > they do not appear in FW. i have specified the location and even went to
            > Preferences but the plugins do not show, but when i specify the plugins in
            > Photoshop they are available. the plugins are from Alien skin eye.
            >
            If it is Eye Candy, it needs to be installed. During the install you
            point it to the Fireworks plugin folder.

SKB