2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 1, 2016 9:40 AM by Steve Grisetti

premiere elements 12 doesnt work

bruno.mutti

Hi

i've bought Premiere Elements 12 years ago but i didnt use it cause of changing planes.

Now i need to use it and i've installed on a new pc but it doesnt work.

when i click on the icon on my desktop:

• sometimes it doesnt happen anything
      • sometimes in appears the dashboard but when i chose "editor" it doesnt happen anything
      • sometimes it appears a window telling that Adobe Application Manager is missing (but i've already downloaded and installed)

if i go in the adobe files and click on the "adobe premiere elements" .exe instead of "adobe premiere elements 12" it opens everytime a trial version. so i put my serial keys and it works. if i close and re-open it it doesnt work.

i'm very angry

what can i do or check to understand what to do?

thanks

Bruno Mutti

[personal info removed by moderator]

• 1. Re: premiere elements 12 doesnt work
          whsprague Level 4

Premier Elements 12 worked for thousands when it was new a few years ago.  Since then, we've been blessed with new operating systems from both Apple and Microsoft.   It may be that it can't work for the system you now have. 

Anger doesn't work here.  This is a user forum in space provided by Adobe.  Volunteer users don't respond to anger well! 

Next, describe how you installed the software on your "new computer".   If you provide a little knowledge, you may get some help!

• 2. Re: premiere elements 12 doesnt work
            Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

You also don't tell us much about your computer -- or even what operating system you're using or when you actually installed the program.

Anyway, you certainly do have the most creative excuse I know of for not even taking the program out of its pack for three years: "i've bought Premiere Elements 12 years ago but i didnt use it cause of changing planes."