6 Replies Latest reply on Oct 25, 2016 1:47 PM by Jon Fritz II

Dreamweaver CC 2015.3 (16.1.3) for Windows users

Preran Adobe Employee

The Dreamweaver update is now available for download and install through Creative Cloud.  If you are unable to see the update listed, click the Settings icon, and select Check for app udpates.

This is a windows only patch released to resolve the issue which prevented windows systems from going to sleep.

This issue was discussed under the heading "Computer cannot sleep when Dreamweaver running due to waketimer" on this forum.

Thanks,

Preran

• 1. Re: Dreamweaver CC 2015.3 (16.1.3) for Windows users
          wireframed

Thanks, fixed it for me. Now please, PLEASE make sure it doesn't sneak in again.
          (Spotify also had this issue, and it reappeared, then disappeared a couple times).

• 2. Re: Dreamweaver CC 2015.3 (16.1.3) for Windows users
            hydrosound

Hello,

I have downloaded the update and now I cannot find the "image mapping" option at the Properties Toolbar. Where did it go?

In addition, when I select a file that I developed last week, when I select the code "area shape" the Properties Toolbar seems to be not available to edit it's parameters (i.e. the link).

Please, I need assistance with this urgently.

• 3. Re: Dreamweaver CC 2015.3 (16.1.3) for Windows users
              Preran Adobe Employee

Can you post a screenshot of what you say has disappeared? I will check with the team.

• 4. Re: Dreamweaver CC 2015.3 (16.1.3) for Windows users
                Jon Fritz II Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Make sure you are in Design View, the Image Map tools are not available in the Live View Editor.

Especially if you've updated from a version that came out prior to the Live View Editor being added (CC and earlier), the new editor can be a bit confusing at first...

design.jpg

• 5. Re: Dreamweaver CC 2015.3 (16.1.3) for Windows users
                  D. DelGado Level 1

Hi Jon.

I have 2015.3 installed on my machine. If am not logged into the Creative Cloud app there is no design view unless I select a css file, but never when I have the actual .html or .php file selected. There is only code view.

What happens if I need to work offline without an Internet connection?

• 6. Re: Dreamweaver CC 2015.3 (16.1.3) for Windows users
                    Jon Fritz II Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Design View was removed from Legacy Fluid Grid based sites in DW. If you are working with LFGLs in DW you won't see a Design View option in the menu with the Live option, there's a work around to get the Design View option back though...

Close all other files, open the Legacy Fluid Grid's css and add the X shown below:

/*

Dreamweaver Fluid Grid Properties

----------------------------------

dw-num-cols-mobile:     X 4;

dw-num-cols-tablet:        8;

dw-num-cols-desktop:    12;

dw-gutter-percentage:    25;

=====================================

Then save and close the file.

Restart DW and you should have Design View from there on out on any files using that LFGL's .css file.

--------

If the above doesn't pertain to you (you aren't using Legacy Fluid Grid Layouts) and you still don't have Live and Design as options in your toolbar as shown here:

live-design.jpg

I would say you probably have a decently corrupt program and working through the DIY Troubleshooting file (especially clearing the program cache and restoring Prefs) may get it back for you: DIY troubleshooting kit for Dreamweaver

1 person found this helpful